1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Is the snorkel worth it?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Blumpkinson, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Oct 7, 2009 at 4:44 PM
    09tacoLI

09tacoLI Well-Known Member

Member:
    long island ny
    Vehicle:
    09 off road
    Shrockworks sliders,Shrockworks Front bumper,Warn 9.5xp winch,Toytec Ult.3in,Total Chaos UCAs,AP expo Rear, Fox remote resi shocks Bud built skids,Piaa 7in,Piaa yellow plasma Off road lights.
    If your wheelin in South Jersey I'd buy two. The one (and only) time ive been there the water was fucking retarded. I watched nate and duckcmdr sink there truck in water crossings that didnt look that bad. If you play down there regularly your gonna get caught one time and thats all it takes.
    P.S. My avatar pic is from Wharton my truck was 4mo old.

2. Oct 7, 2009 at 4:45 PM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    Hmmm, anybody seen a snorkel for a 2nd gen??

3. Dec 27, 2012 at 5:13 AM
    War Taco

War Taco Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joel
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    pending
    Can you say tree hook? Unless you do all your wheelin in open country the top WILLget knocked off by a tree branch eventually.

4. Dec 27, 2012 at 4:26 PM
    bowyer2002

bowyer2002 always tinkering

Member:
    NE Missouri
    Vehicle:
    01 Taco SR5 D-cab 4WD
    OME 882s, OME shocks all around and OME Dakar spring packs, ARB, Warn 8000, ARE shell, Custom rear bumper w/ reciever, 5-235/80R17 Cooper Discoverer ST MAXX on FJ wheels, grey wire mod, Hi-Lift, Hellas, Red-Line hood lifters, Scion radio, sliders, Safari snorkel & LED Ditch lights on CBI mounts.
  5. Dec 27, 2012 at 7:16 PM
    paranoid56

paranoid56 Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    14 double cab taco
    i take it you never go off road eh? i know i loved having mine. when i was running the rubicon on my old toyota one of the water holes had more water then normal and was well over my hood, if it wasnt for the snorkle i would have been bad.

for 300 bucks its a great piece of mind. if anything, it will keep you from hydrolock your engine.

6. Dec 27, 2012 at 7:24 PM
    92LandCruiser

92LandCruiser Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nevada
    Vehicle:
    80 series Land Cruiser
    Cummins, tons, 40s
    Janster has a lot of opinions. I seldom agree with her. That's about as nice as I can put it.

Amanhowzit taco likes this.
  7. Dec 4, 2019 at 8:55 AM
    Amanhowzit taco

Amanhowzit taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2017 sr5 4wd Tacoma
    265/75/16 tires only everything else stock.
    Thread bump. Lots of good info here. I live in a area where it downpours a ton in the winter. (Hawaii), is a snorkel going to help with moisture intake? When I’m driving through massive puddles on and off road it sure seems like it gets sucked up my intake, but then again my air filter looks fine and I haven’t replaced it since I bought the truck (35,000 ) miles ago. I like the look of a snorkel but I definitely want to know before I buy one if it’s really helping my engine out... I live in a rural area where shit can go down fast... (road flooding, pulling cars out of rivers, picking out off road trails to avoid downed power lines in storms, plus some trails I go on can turn super heavy in a down pour super fast) I have horrible city infrastructure where I live and it’s constantly failing. (I built
    My house off grid for this reason)

Mahalo!

Products Discussed in

To Top