1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Is there an accessory wire behind the blank buttons? missing dealer options?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by packfan88, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Oct 2, 2011 at 8:19 PM
    packfan88

packfan88 [OP] Very Nice !

Member:
    Acworth, GA
    Billy Lift, Cooper STT Pro, Westin Step bars, tinted, rain gaurds, EBC rotors hawk pads
    There are four dealer option insert spaces that have 1 used and 3 empty. Since i have a non-trd truck, what options am i missing?

I took out the coin try and see the back side of the black rectangle things on the dash. The things that house the fog lights button (the name escapes me as i type).

one of them is flat out blank (nothing back there). The other two are prolly options that my truck doesn thave, and the fourth one is for the fog lights.
    Can anyone answer these questions for me?
    What are the two middle options for? They have wires with plugs on them stuck into the back of the blanks. I think one has a black plug and the other a white.

whats is the fourth one for (closest to the steering column)? There is nothing there at all. Is that where you guys power rear sliders have button?

Is either #2 or #3 blank an accesory wire i can cut off to get the power wire for a toggle switch to power exterior bed lights? Is it an always on power wire or one that only comes on when the truck is on?

I have a 2008 so it may be different for different years.

My main question is is there a power wire i can snag to power some lights i want to put in the bed for using when I tailgate.Can i track it back to the fuse block and just cut it off and then splice in a lead to my lights?

To Top