1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Is there something that sets this site apart from other forums???

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by gjbonner, May 23, 2010.

1. May 23, 2010 at 5:40 PM
    gjbonner

gjbonner [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Northern Idaho
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Off Road TRD
    Rhino Lined exterior,Fab Tech 6", 1.25" SpiderTrax spacers, Wheels painted Rustoleum Hammered Black, All Pro front plate bumper, Warn 9.5 ti winch, BHLM, Cig lighter constant on, Door beep toggle switch, Locker mod, Lock/unlock beeper Mod, Rear tailights smoked, 750w inverter with the outlets and on/off switch wired to rear of the console, Blacked out badges, blacked out rear bumper.
    At work we have the dreaded NMCI navy marine corps intranet but this is not the problem. they have recently started allowing us to view you tube as well as access internet accounts with hotmail, yahoo, etc... these were NONOs previously.

My problem is this, i can not access tacomaworld however i can access TN, CT, dodge forums, ford forums, you name it.

Maybe this question is more for TCBOB but is there something in our site that is different than the others? is there something that allows the server to see that it is a "FORUM" site?? most importantly is there a way to change it:)

Someone please help because not having TW at work is killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. May 23, 2010 at 5:41 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Cmack

3. May 23, 2010 at 5:41 PM
    Juggernaut

Juggernaut Captain

Member:
    Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    18 PreRunner TRD OffRoad DCSB
  4. May 23, 2010 at 5:41 PM
    schiz94

schiz94 Thread Jacker

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    Bellingham,WA
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Reg Cab
    Morimoto Projector Retrofit, alpine cda-105,Wheelskins leather wheel cover, wet okoles,5% tint on back and 24% on front two windows,Debadged tailgate,custom sockmonkey centercap decals, xr rims pced gloss black.
  5. May 23, 2010 at 5:45 PM
    gjbonner

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Northern Idaho
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Off Road TRD
    Rhino Lined exterior,Fab Tech 6", 1.25" SpiderTrax spacers, Wheels painted Rustoleum Hammered Black, All Pro front plate bumper, Warn 9.5 ti winch, BHLM, Cig lighter constant on, Door beep toggle switch, Locker mod, Lock/unlock beeper Mod, Rear tailights smoked, 750w inverter with the outlets and on/off switch wired to rear of the console, Blacked out badges, blacked out rear bumper.
    hahaha nice...yes, although a legitimate answer.... I'm more looking for the tech answer:)

6. May 23, 2010 at 5:49 PM
    tcBob

tcBob Gringo Bandito Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 V6 Black
    nothing that i can think of. a well-known TW member recently was only able to access TW from his military network (the other truck sites were blocked), but now they all are blocked.

7. May 23, 2010 at 5:58 PM
    gjbonner

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Northern Idaho
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Off Road TRD
    yeah we used to be able to get on it all the time by clicking the bypass proxy box on internet conections but then they tightened up security and it no longer worked. I accepted defeat until this last week when i noticed what was happening.

just wondered why it only blocked this one...I happened to be searching for a dodge manual for a friend and a link to their forum is where i ended up. then i started checking all the forums and imagine my sadness when i realized TW was the only one i couldnt get on :( I seriously think there is something there that lets the server know, because the "blocked page" page that comes up says the word forums on it..

I will zapgrab a pic of it and get it on here tuesday night. hopefully it will help out some more savvy individuals than myself explain this.

we are in the process over the next 2-3 years of getting rid of NMCI. but if i can get on a stinking Dodge forum and a lot of others than that is just a tease and wrong! :)

8. May 23, 2010 at 6:04 PM
    tcBob

tcBob Gringo Bandito Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 V6 Black
    this is probably why...this site classification system is used by a lot of filters (including probably your NMCI one). tw does have a different classification than the other guys:

tw - Blogs & Forums
    ct - Motor Vehicles
    tn - Motor Vehicles
    tundrasolutions - Motor Vehicles

9. May 23, 2010 at 6:13 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    here on charleston NWS, i can get to here, ttora, ncttora, but not nc4x4. not on NMCI network though...

10. May 24, 2010 at 6:40 AM
    gjbonner

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Northern Idaho
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Off Road TRD
    OK, that explains it. that's really a bummer:( that's not something you can just correct is it? that is a handy little test site though. your the man TCBOB, er uh robot, umm you know what i mean:)

Products Discussed in

To Top