1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Is this bad or will I be fine?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by WiR3D, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Jan 11, 2013 at 7:41 AM
    WiR3D

WiR3D [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Clearwater, FL
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5 TRD DCSB
    Ok.. So I was looking around under my truck last night for something and just happened to notice a couple spots on my front suspension that looked like they might be leaking or seeping... Anyhow.. Not sure if this is bad or not or if Ill be fine. I installed an OME lift and LR UCAs a couple months ago.

2013-01-10 21.53.59.jpg
    2013-01-10 21.54.06.jpg
    2013-01-10 21.54.10.jpg

2. Jan 11, 2013 at 8:01 AM
    XXXX

XXXX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sKiP
    Vehicle:
    05 Prius
    Your tie rods and LCA ball joints are leaking. You need to inspect the boots for cracks. You also need to inspect both for play.

When the grease runs out the parts will wear quickly. While these 05+ trucks rarely have a catastrophic issue with failure of those parts it is something you need to keep an eye on. When they wear enough failure could cause them to separate. If they are worn it can also cause you to feel slop in the steering wheel and your may feel your tires bouncing slightly from side to side. This play can eventually cause uneven wear on your tires.

See here for my replacement thread http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/su...oint-replacement-2005-tacoma.html#post3691540

The tie rods are very simple to swap out. I recommend going with Moog because they have zerks so you can keep them greased and also flush out the old grease.

3. Jan 12, 2013 at 10:32 AM
    rawdog

rawdog Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Kelowna B.C.
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Sport Upgrade PKG DCSB
    I would just replace, they aren't too expensive if yo do it yourself. Its a pretty easy job if you've done any work on trucks before.

My guess is they are probably cracked... thats why they are leaking.

Products Discussed in

To Top