1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Is your DISH wifi interrupted often?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by hikerduane, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Sep 17, 2019 at 8:15 AM
    hikerduane

hikerduane [OP] Stove & lantern collector, retired

Member:
    First Name:
    Duane
    Meadow Valley, Jefferson USA
    Vehicle:
    '16 Blazing Blue Pearl TRD Sport AC V6 manual, tow pkg
    RCI sliders fuel tank skid plate, Softopper, tailgate insert
    Getting pissed at DISH. The last couple months I lose my wifi connection ever 5 days or so maybe, being off for five to 15 minutes. Sometimes it comes on for a few seconds then goes back off. Can't call them as I have dialup, emailed them yesterday, waiting for a answer.
    Duane

2. Sep 17, 2019 at 3:10 PM
    PhenixFord

PhenixFord Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    2019 MGM SR5 4WD DCSB
    Just keep bitching until they get it fixed. What ever you do, don't get DIRECT TV. We started off with Dish. Got discouraged and went to DIRECT. Really got feed up with DIRECT and went back to Dish. Canceled DIRECT 3 times before they stopped billing us. Then they tried to charge us for the gear they said we didn't send back. Only thing saved us was that I had proof of the delivery.

Good Luck

3. Sep 17, 2019 at 3:23 PM
    hikerduane

Member:
    First Name:
    Duane
    Vehicle:
    Got a call today from a nice lady in customer retention. :) She said they thought it might be equipment, tech coming out Friday. So after the call I made sure my inside electronic connections were good. No tree limbs or sunflowers waving in front of the dish.
    Duane

4. Sep 17, 2019 at 3:34 PM
    Black DOG Lila

Black DOG Lila Well-Known Member

Member:
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2003 Tacoma SR5 2.7 5 speed 4WD
    Stock. EZ pass.Dump pass.Inspection sticker.Convict printed lic.plates.FG cap.
    I have DirectTV but it used to go out and needed to be re aimed. After 4 years they installed a larger dish with quad LMB with additional brackets FREE. No reception during heavy rain or snow. I called to end service and got equipment rental fees dropped, free insurance, free premium package and 1/2 off package price. They called it their loyal customer awards program. I was calm and polite while speaking on phone with reps but let it slide that I had an android TV box so I didnt need their premium channels or internet because I have high speed cable and weather doesnt affect them. Premium Plus package $39.80 mo. total for over two years now.

Spare Parts likes this.
  5. Sep 17, 2019 at 4:03 PM
    hikerduane

Member:
    First Name:
    Duane
    Vehicle:
    My DirectTV dish back over 15 years ago was just under the high gable of my shed, so usually had little issue with lighter snow. I have issues with DISH on both my TV and wifi during heavy rain and snow, clearing the dishes every 20 minutes, have tried a large garbage bag. I dropped DirectTV back then because they doubled my cost and I became newly hired at a job where the added expense was a little too much.
    Duane

6. Nov 3, 2019 at 2:49 AM
    06Tacooo

06Tacooo Earth Czar

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    39° 14' N / 83° 13' W
    Vehicle:
    06 Off Road Access Cab Indigo Ink Pearl
    Michelin Defender LTX M/S2, ABS kill switch, Tech Deck, Mirror riser, Ride-Rites, BF Garmin GPS
    We went with HughesNet and their voip phone service. 45mbps down, and better phone service than ATT ever thought about. Keep your local number, 911 service, crystal clear unlimited calls, WiFi, all for about 1/2 the cost. Get a dish heater if you have snow/ice in the winter, the Hot Shot works great.

Bear in mind, phone signals from your dish go to a sattelite 23k miles away, then down to a receiver dish.. another 23k miles, then to a wired internet server, then to your phone. There may be a 2-3 second lag in a phone call.

If you have trees close to your dish sight line, there's a nifty dish pointer app that will show you a real time picture of your dish sight line. I live in the woods, so I use it, then take out any trees in the way. :thumbsup:

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
  7. Nov 3, 2019 at 1:32 PM
    hikerduane

Member:
    First Name:
    Duane
    Vehicle:
    Thank you, I need to get a little more tech savy.
    Duane

Products Discussed in

To Top