1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

IS350 vs. A4 2.0T

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by belone12, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Apr 27, 2015 at 11:53 AM
    belone12

belone12 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Long Island, NY
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma Double Cab 6spd TRD OR
    Bilstein 5100s, AAL, heated leather seats, Thule Rack, tow package, anytime foglight, Fold-a-cover
    Hey All,
    Just looking for some owner input. Looking to pick up a car for my wife and I. Between a 2008/2009 Lexus IS350 RWD and a 2009/2010 Audi A4 2.0T quattro. Any owner input/experience on either would be great. I've had VW 1.8T's so i am aware of maintenance issues on those, but that was a 2004. Thanks in advance!

2. Apr 28, 2015 at 7:02 PM
    Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

Member:
    CT
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma SR5 V6
    I've never personally owned a lexus but my aunt is a loyal lexus owner. She just got a new Lexus LS and her last one had 180k on it before she traded it in. Never had one problem, just oil and brakes. The amount she got for her trade was unbelievable too. They really hold their value.

Audi is a nice car, but they are going to be high maintenance and require more (expensive)repair. I have also been told that audi uses special tools, so your options for mechanics are more limited than for a Lexus. Resale isn't that good either.

I vote is350. If I was going to suggest another car, I would pick a 2009-2010 tsx. The 2011-14 tsx have oil burning problems, so I didn't include them. Also why not an is250? The Infiniti G37 is nice too.

3. Apr 30, 2015 at 6:47 PM
    anotherreject

anotherreject Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lexus vs audi....Lexus all day every day. My daily driver is a 2002 es300, the wife has a 09 is250 awd, the es300 has 126k miles, the is250 has 88k miles, zero problems from either one I wouldn't think twice to jump in either one right now and drive across the country.
    If you are in a cold climate the awd is pretty damn good too, I was in the is250 for the bad snow storm we had , about 10 inches of snow on the road and I made it to work 30 miles with no issues.
    I plan on keeping the es300 for several more years, I have done nothing but normal maintenance. And if anything ever does break I know parts are easy and cheap and if needed any mechanic can work on it

I don't know if newer audi's have this issue but I read that older ones had electrical gremlins
    if the audi needs anything other than basic maintenance it will cost more then the Lexus plus the goofy audi only tools you might need

Products Discussed in

To Top