1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

issue with depo tail light?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by mdep03, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Jun 2, 2016 at 1:45 PM
    mdep03

mdep03 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    03 reg cab 4x4 2.7L
    K&N intake, 3" sus lift (front- billstien 5100 w/ toytec coils, 2" rear toytec shackles and aal's), 32x11.50 15 Pro Comp MT, 15x8 Pro Comp soft8 flatblk, 4x innovations rear tube bumper & Rock sliders, low range off road front bumper, Hella 7" fogs behind the grill, custom floor mats and rain guards, corbeau seats, HiLift Jack, and clear side markers. and a bit more
    Has anyone else had issues with 98-04 depo tail lights not working correctly? This is my second set with the same issue. When I switch out the housings, the passenger tail light (only the bottom parking bulb) wont illuminate. My stocks work fine before and after trying the depos, I switched bulbs and all. I can't figure it out so I just ended up using the red/clear lense which was the look I was going for, just dont like amber on any lense. But it seems like a lot of $$ just to use the lenses (they should just sell the lenses BTW). Any insight would be appreciated.

2. Sep 17, 2016 at 7:32 AM
    Jaysjammin

Jaysjammin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Upstate SC
    Vehicle:
    '98 SR5 5-speed 4x4 3.4L, 07 FJ Auto 4x4
    Billies, Trail Gear Bumper, Yakima Rack, 31's, Sound System Performance: -15 inch wheels with 31 inch Cooper AT3s -Bilstein 5100s all around -K&N filter -Deck Plate Mod -SPC UCAs waiting to go on Aesthetics: -Switchback turn signals:clear housing -20% Tint -LED everything Sound: -Kenwood Excelon headunit -Polk db series 6 inch door speakers -Kenwood 5.1 Sound System -12 inch Kicker CompVR sub Armor: Trail Gear Low Profile front bumper BAMF bolt on rock sliders (sitting in the garage) Yakima roof rack
    Have you checked the wires? Hook it up to your truck and use a multimeter to see how far the current goes. Any pics of them on your truck? Thinking about going red/clear as well, they really should sell just the lenses.

3. Sep 17, 2016 at 10:57 AM
    mdep03

Member:
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    03 reg cab 4x4 2.7L
    K&N intake, 3" sus lift (front- billstien 5100 w/ toytec coils, 2" rear toytec shackles and aal's), 32x11.50 15 Pro Comp MT, 15x8 Pro Comp soft8 flatblk, 4x innovations rear tube bumper & Rock sliders, low range off road front bumper, Hella 7" fogs behind the grill, custom floor mats and rain guards, corbeau seats, HiLift Jack, and clear side markers. and a bit more
    I sent them back and third time was a charm I think they sent me the deffective ones twice but all is good now

4. Sep 17, 2016 at 11:07 AM
    Jaysjammin

Jaysjammin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Upstate SC
    Vehicle:
    '98 SR5 5-speed 4x4 3.4L, 07 FJ Auto 4x4
    Billies, Trail Gear Bumper, Yakima Rack, 31's, Sound System Performance: -15 inch wheels with 31 inch Cooper AT3s -Bilstein 5100s all around -K&N filter -Deck Plate Mod -SPC UCAs waiting to go on Aesthetics: -Switchback turn signals:clear housing -20% Tint -LED everything Sound: -Kenwood Excelon headunit -Polk db series 6 inch door speakers -Kenwood 5.1 Sound System -12 inch Kicker CompVR sub Armor: Trail Gear Low Profile front bumper BAMF bolt on rock sliders (sitting in the garage) Yakima roof rack
  5. Sep 17, 2016 at 11:14 AM
    mdep03

Member:
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    03 reg cab 4x4 2.7L
    truck is sold sorry

Products Discussed in

To Top