1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Issue with window running backwards

Discussion in 'Tundras' started by F.I.LetsGoFishing, Jun 6, 2021.

1. Jun 6, 2021 at 5:17 AM
    F.I.LetsGoFishing

F.I.LetsGoFishing [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    So yesterday I had to replace the left (drivers side) lift motor. Yoda motors are made of gold I guess so opted to go aftermarket and picked up a NAPA Part #: NOE 6551964 which they state is an exact fit with no wire splicing needed, they come with a few plug-in pigtails for different diffent makes.
    Pretty simple straight forward prodject, that is until I got instalation complete. Now window works but drives in reverse with down and Auto down going up and up going down. In looking at the plug I can see that the conector wires on the new unit are reversed.
    I know that I can fix that issue but its a matter of principle that I paid a slightly higher price for plug-n-play and it dosn't want to play nice. I called store where I baught it and they offer to send me a new one to my local store or I can drive accross town to a different location which I do not like those options so I told them to just send me a corrected one to my home. I was told that they would have to contact engineering to see if this could be done???
    Now just curiouse if anyone else has had to deal with this on window motors and how it was resolved or did you just fix the new part yourself?

To Top