1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Issues is Scosche Dash Kit

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by ebnash, Jun 20, 2008.

1. Jun 20, 2008 at 12:49 PM
    ebnash

ebnash [OP] Active Member

Member:
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 Access Cab 4X4 Auto
    I purchased a single DIN Scosche kit and mousnted my new HU in it. Problem is that everything is so tight, I can't get the Scosche surround trim to pop back into place with the HU installed. As soon as I tighten the bolts on the side brackets, the bottom of the trim pops out?

Anyone seen these problems?

2. Jun 21, 2008 at 10:18 AM
    brkin_th_habt

brkin_th_habt Gunny

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '08 Tacoma PreRunner SR5
    Eclipse AVN-6620 w/iPod/HDRadio/Rear Camera
    I initially went with the Scosche kit due to lack of finding anything better until about 2 weeks ago. My new kit was made by Metra Electronics and comes in 2 types (Black and Silver). While the black is a good product the silver one is what jumped out to me as it is a much better silver match then the scosche version and it also has those little bumps found in the rest of your factory trim. The kit comes with everything you need for double or single din. I used it for a double din so I cant tell you much about your single din fit other then if it works as well as the double did you should be happy. Another plus if you decide to change to a double din is metra uses the metal factory mounting brackets (from the sides of the factory radio) instead of the plastic scosche ones.

If you (or anyone else who is curious) would like to see pictures of the kit after install I can take some and post them.

3. Jun 21, 2008 at 3:30 PM
    ebnash

Member:
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 Access Cab 4X4 Auto
    Thanks fo rthe info. I only spent about $25.00 shipped on the Scosche unit off Ebay so it wouldn't be a huge loss. I will check out the Metra unit.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  4. Jun 21, 2008 at 4:58 PM
    brkin_th_habt

brkin_th_habt Gunny

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '08 Tacoma PreRunner SR5
    When I was looking I couldnt find much on the Metra kit and the pic on their web page is to small to be of any real use so I took a few pics of how it looks after I put it in.

metra01.jpg
    metra02.jpg

5. Jun 22, 2008 at 6:37 AM
    ebnash

Member:
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 Access Cab 4X4 Auto
    Very nice, where did you buy it from. I was having some issues finding anyone who actually sold this unit.

Erik

6. Jun 22, 2008 at 8:07 AM
    brkin_th_habt

brkin_th_habt Gunny

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '08 Tacoma PreRunner SR5
    Circuit City stocks Metra products and if they don't have one in the install bay then they should be able to order it for you. Other then that you can try your local install shops.

7. Jun 23, 2008 at 6:54 PM
    06TRDbama

06TRDbama Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maryville, TN
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner TRD Sport
    my scosche double din worked fine other than the weight of the NAVI unit making it rattle a lot. my scosche single din was so tight i coudlnt get the unit through the opening. i had to take a razor and carefully trim away probably 1/32 of an inch or so and then it worked great...

Products Discussed in

To Top