1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

JBL Audio in Tacoma

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by CrsnHyns, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Aug 29, 2016 at 1:56 PM
    CrsnHyns

CrsnHyns [OP] Cock-A-Doodle Carson

Member:
    First Name:
    Carson
    Gastonia, NC
    Vehicle:
    2013 White Tacoma TRD Sport
    I am not very educated in any audio, truck, anything. I ordered a LC6i and I am having regrets about it now, I can't cancel my order so I just have to wait it out.
    Will adding an LC6i to the stock JBL amp and sub do anything for me? I have heard it will improve the bass and get rid of the bell curve and bass rolloff. Can someone give me clarification so I don't pay someone to install something that is no use to me.

2. Aug 29, 2016 at 6:46 PM
    bear263

bear263 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2013 PreRunner TRD SP
    LED interior lights. Steering wheel mod. New radio. Amp, speakers and sub woofer.
    Sorry to say no it won't. What the LC6i does is take speaker/amp signal and converts them to low level preamp rca out to hook up to an aftermarket amp. In a jbl system, there can be nothing between the radio and the amp or there will be no sound. The amp does all the processing. Only way to make an LC6i work is to tap into the speaker outs of the jbl amp into the LC6i then to a aftermarket amp.

From the LC6i page "The LC6i allows for the addition of aftermarket processors and amplifiers while maintaining use of the factory volume and steering wheel controls. Internal signal summing and AudioControl’s new GTO™ signal-sense turn-on make the LC6i a perfect OEM interface for a performance audio system."

Products Discussed in

To Top