1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Jeep rubicon 4 doors, any experience?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by hookedontronics, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Aug 27, 2011 at 10:57 PM
    Yoytoda

Yoytoda The Little Truck That Could

Member:
    First Name:
    Roland
    Big Bear,CA / Upstate NY(Saratoga)
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab 4x4
    completely stock
    the "dana 44" in the rubis is a modified D35 not a true 44 from what i was told and to run 35s+ like most do, you should upgrade the axles

2. Aug 27, 2011 at 11:01 PM
    rcfreak201

rcfreak201 Well-Known Member

Member:
    x2 haha :(

3. Aug 28, 2011 at 11:28 AM
    nelson18matt

nelson18matt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Goodyear, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2004 Long Travel Tacoma
    *SOLD*
    didnt know that about the 44

tacoma owners who run 35's and off road should prob upgrade their axles too...:)

4. Aug 28, 2011 at 11:36 AM
    Hayes

Hayes Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    2011 Regular Cab Tacoma 4x4

my girlfriend has an Unlimited Sport, and while it's not a Rubi, it is pretty nice. Stock vs. stock, her Jeep does better offroad since it has bigger tires. I think tires are my limiting factor in our competition. That and my truck has 1000 miles and her Jeep has 52000 miles.

My 2.7 i4 - 5 speed manual accelerates better from a stop and on hills while cruising the highways and mountains than her 3.8 v6 - 4 speed auto. It's not a dog by any means, but it is a little lack luster when it comes to acceleration.

I test drove a Wrangler X (2 door) with the 6 speed manual and I just couldn't stand how squirrely it was on the road. Her Unlimited does a lot better with that.

Dollar for dollar, I like my Taco, though if I had the money to drop on a 2011 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, I would have.

5. Aug 28, 2011 at 12:20 PM
    Tigahshark

Tigahshark Senior NEWBIE

Member:
    First Name:
    Isaac
    On a volcano, literally!
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD off road 4X4
    Tint Weathertech floor liner, weathertech window visor Roll n lock tonneau cover Rubber bed mat Smoked license plate covers
    I drove in one for a week(friends one when i visited him) it kicks ass, it has Dana`s what more would you want and thats stock! plenty room and it actually has a truknk WITH SPACE! i drove a hard top and the top could come off completely, nice and quiet in the cab not like the older jeeps and the ride is super smooth, still pretty light and very agile= BAD ASS SHIT!

6. Aug 28, 2011 at 12:37 PM
    A_Ninja_Racer

A_Ninja_Racer Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD Debadged
    I know the new JK rubicons come with the locking front and rear Difs but so they also still come with the Dana 44's front and rear like the TJ rubi's did?

7. Aug 28, 2011 at 5:27 PM
    hetkind

hetkind Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Howard
    Johnson City
    Vehicle:
    2011 SR5 Access Cab, white with Leer Cap
    bilstein set at 1.75, Racho 5000 rear with 4 leaf kit, floor mats, high lift jack, pull hook in hitch, bed rail corner braces, severe duty brake pads and devil horns on the grill....
    We have a -11 Taco 4xz4 Access cab and a 08 JK Wrangler Sahara, both six speeds. The Jeep is underpowered compared to the taco, but unstoppable in the snow. We tend to use the Taco more for trips since it is more comfortable and tracks better. The Jeep has also spent far more time at the dealer on warrently issues AND we are already starting to see a fair amount of rust on the suspension.

Had to put pads and rotors on the Jeep last week and it is getting ready for new tires, not much available in the oddball stock 18" wheel size. The snows are on rockcrawler style 17" tires, but we never did put the $100 in tpms sensors on those rims.

If you spend your time on tight trails, the Jeep is the way to go...

Howard

Products Discussed in

To Top