1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Jim Barkely in Asheville

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by chasgrips45, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Mar 12, 2009 at 6:22 AM
    chasgrips45

chasgrips45 [OP] Member

Member:
    So I thought I finally found a good dealer. I`m 60 miles from these people ,so a lot of time spent just getting there. Sure enough 3weeks after my warranty expires,I get a check engine light. I did in fact put the fuel cap on half assed . A few days go by,light still on. Need to go to these guys I guess. $50.00 for analysis ,OK,do it . They come back,$310.00. The filler tube "bent,due to me trying to put cap on too aggressively! New filler tube. Did you ever try to bend the filler tube with the plastic fuel ? Similar to pushing a piece of cooked spaghetti,20 miles an hour! Called "service manager",she starts blubbering something about how tech found fault . When they start making funny vocal noises,you know they are in the process of "tap dancing". Asked her to please code the light out,after some "cajoling" she did so,confident it would come on again,since problem not fixed. Haven`t seen light since. Another dealer bites the dust.

Products Discussed in

To Top