1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

JL Audio speaker fitment??

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by CW23, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Aug 8, 2009 at 7:21 PM
    CW23

CW23 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma TRD Offroad Prerunner
    TRD Catback Exhaust TRD CAI JBA Headers Titanium Ceramic Eagle Eye Black Headlights Scosche Pioneer AVIC-Z3 TRD Mats Shorty Antenna Hella 500FF 50% Tint Front Windshield 20% Tint Toyota Devil Horn Emblem GrillCraft Scangauge II URD Y-Pipe JL Audio TR690-TXi JL Audio TR650-CXi
    I have a 2008 Tacoma Double Cab. I want to upgrade my speakers to JL Audio without adding an amp or running new speaker wires. First i wanted to know if 6x9 can fitting in the rear doors? ********* has 6x9 and 6.5 kits. The JL Audio site and other sites have different sizes for the same speakers. TR600-CXi is a 6 in. speaker and TR650-CXi is a 6.5 in. one. Yet crutchfield and other sites explain that the 650 fits most american cars and 600 fits japanese. something about "true fit"?

Anyone have experience in this? I dont want to purchase speakers that wont fit correctly. Thanks.

2. Aug 10, 2009 at 6:36 PM
    timmaayyy

timmaayyy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    '16 TRD Sport DC
    im running JL 6.5" VR components up front and polk 6.5" coax's in the rear. made baffles out of .5" mdf for both front and back and they fit just fine.

Products Discussed in

To Top