1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

JL Clean Sweep

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by geoff7877, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Oct 20, 2012 at 3:53 PM
    CantSitStill

CantSitStill Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    FTR
    CNY
    Yup... This. My phone dude on my steering wheel is now mute.

2. Oct 20, 2012 at 4:09 PM
    B737

B737 Throbbing Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Jersey Shore
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra Double Cab Limited
    stock
    if you got the Zapco 360.4, you would not need a CS or an additional amp. its one amp, with sound processing, pipe it out to the (new) speakers. everything else stays stock and everything functions as it would from the factory, ive used this amp before in a 2011 BMW, worked and sounded fantastic, retained all factory functionality...

i tried to not to bring it up again but now you're convinced you have to change the HU and lose part of the steering controls...

save up enough cash, and do it all right in one shot so you can start enjoying your truck the way you want.

3. Oct 21, 2012 at 2:57 AM
    shaneckc

shaneckc Fyntünd Designs Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Shane
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR Package DCLB 4x4
    That amp does not have any type of sound processing beyond electronic crossovers and Bass Boost, which will not help get him better sound out of his factory head unit. Adding an amplifier like that would make the poor quality signal coming out of the factory head unit even stronger and most likely blow his factory speakers. I'm sure it's a great amp and its good that you're happy with it, but I don't think that it's the solution to the OP's problem.

Also, the steering wheel functions retained vary based on what type of SWI you use and which head unit you choose. If you look up the instructions for the PAC SWI-JACK, you can see which functions are programmable with specific radios. I know that with Kenwood radios, certain phone buttons can be programmed.

4. Oct 21, 2012 at 4:53 AM
    B737

B737 Throbbing Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Jersey Shore
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra Double Cab Limited
    stock
    Wrong.
    The Zapco Reference has full processing and can normalize a variable input from stock HU.
    no extra volume knobs, no new HU, all steering controls factory stuff works... but new speakers are a must...

5. Oct 21, 2012 at 1:46 PM
    shaneckc

shaneckc Fyntünd Designs Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Shane
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR Package DCLB 4x4
    Fair enough, but if you are making a recommendation, please include the full product name. Zapco makes a "360.4" amp which is not part of its 'DC Reference' series, which does not offer advanced DSP options.

https://zapco.com/files/Download/ZAPCORefManualRevD.pdf

Listed as the first result on Google for "Zapco 360.4," (which is the terminology used in all of your previous posts in this thread) pages 48-53 in that document list the features of the "Zapco Reference 360.4."

6. Nov 26, 2012 at 3:37 PM
    Horndog

Horndog Active Member

Member:
    Would the cleansweep work then if the truck (2013) came with the JBL audio system?

Products Discussed in

To Top