1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

JLink's Build

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by JLink, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Mar 14, 2019 at 7:34 AM
    JLink

JLink [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ocean, NJ
    Lifted, Locked, Armored. Ready To Wheel.
    I was planning on waiting till I get my go fast camper, then weigh the truck and get custom deaver leaf springs. But, after thinking about it, and seeing just how shitty my all pro expos are holding up, I decided to order deaver stage 3 leaf packs yesterday from headstrong Offroad. They’re designed for an additional 700-1000 lbs in the bed.
    My weights are: (approx)
    300 lbs- CBI rear bumper (according to their website) and I’m thinking the spare tire weighs about what the stock spare, hitch, and bumper weighed so they cancel out.
    100lbs- tools and spare parts

So I’m obviously way underweight right now, but soon I’ll have:

250 lbs- Go Fast Camper

So that puts me close to the low end on the stage 3 leaf packs, plus on trips I’ll have the arb fridge, yeti cooler full of beer, cooking and camping gear, so maybe another 150 lbs?

I’m also really interested in a drawer system, but don’t want to build my own and have to worry about plywood getting wet, so I’m looking at the decked drawers, which according to their website, weigh 230 lbs.

With all of that I might have a hard time staying under the 1000 lbs max for those leaf springs.

uurx likes this.
  2. Mar 15, 2019 at 3:10 AM
    V5ioV

V5ioV My drinking team has a wheeling problem

Member:
    First Name:
    V5ioV
    Out n 'bout
    Vehicle:
    '13 Pewp Water Slut
    King 2.5 Rem Resi Ext Travel w/comp adj w/700# springs, TC Uni-Ball UCAs, ARB/OME Dakar Leaf Springs w/ King 2.5 Rem Resi w/comp adj and custm eyelets, Stealth Custom Series F-5 Wheels wrapped on: 285/75/16 Fierce Attitudes, BORA 2.25 wheel spacers, GOODRIDGE extended Brake lines, Triple-6" Double Row LED Light Bars behind lower grill, ATFL MOD, TRD Ball Type Shift Knob, Husky WeatherBeater Floor Liners, 60'' HiLift Xtreme, 4xInnovations Bolt-On Sliders w/Kickout, Spring Hanger Skid, Custom BlackPipe Fabs CMC and custom FYL Bed Rack, CVT Mt. Shasta RTT, Trasharoo, 4xInnovations HiLift Bedside Mounts, 4xInnovations Front Skid Plate, TOYWERX Ghost Raptor thin-lip Satoshi Grill, RedLine Hood Struts, 4xInnovations Transmission Skid and T-Case Skid Plates, Wheelers Rear SuperBumps Bump Stops, All-Pro Off Road U-Bolt Flip Kit, UltraGauge, ARB OBA, Pelfreybilt HC rear Bumper, Rotopax system (Single Mounting Plate and Bed Rail Mounting Plate both with LOX handles.
    I really like the decked system myself

3. Mar 15, 2019 at 4:26 PM
    JLink

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ocean, NJ
    I like the idea of drawers for storage and a flat deck on top. I’m just worried about the weight.

4. Mar 15, 2019 at 4:29 PM
    V5ioV

Member:
    First Name:
    V5ioV
    Out n 'bout
    Vehicle:
    '13 Pewp Water Slut
    King 2.5 Rem Resi Ext Travel w/comp adj w/700# springs, TC Uni-Ball UCAs, ARB/OME Dakar Leaf Springs w/ King 2.5 Rem Resi w/comp adj and custm eyelets, Stealth Custom Series F-5 Wheels wrapped on: 285/75/16 Fierce Attitudes, BORA 2.25 wheel spacers, GOODRIDGE extended Brake lines, Triple-6" Double Row LED Light Bars behind lower grill, ATFL MOD, TRD Ball Type Shift Knob, Husky WeatherBeater Floor Liners, 60'' HiLift Xtreme, 4xInnovations Bolt-On Sliders w/Kickout, Spring Hanger Skid, Custom BlackPipe Fabs CMC and custom FYL Bed Rack, CVT Mt. Shasta RTT, Trasharoo, 4xInnovations HiLift Bedside Mounts, 4xInnovations Front Skid Plate, TOYWERX Ghost Raptor thin-lip Satoshi Grill, RedLine Hood Struts, 4xInnovations Transmission Skid and T-Case Skid Plates, Wheelers Rear SuperBumps Bump Stops, All-Pro Off Road U-Bolt Flip Kit, UltraGauge, ARB OBA, Pelfreybilt HC rear Bumper, Rotopax system (Single Mounting Plate and Bed Rail Mounting Plate both with LOX handles.
    Same here... specially because I want to eventually put the fridge in the back and it most likely not work with the lower profile rtt/bed rack I have.

5. Mar 15, 2019 at 4:33 PM
    avw4x4

avw4x4 Well-Hung Member

Member:
    First Name:
    (M)Andrew
    Rochester, NY
    Vehicle:
    2003 Yota
    ...loading....
    Swap it out for one of the dual zone sideways opening jobbies. Cold beer and icy cold liquor FTW :cheers: :drunk:

V5ioV[QUOTED] and JLink[OP] like this.
  6. Mar 15, 2019 at 5:58 PM
    JLink

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ocean, NJ
    Yea I’m not thrilled about needing a $450 fridge slide with tilt to be able to see in the fridge.

86AF8ABD-192D-4F0B-B8E3-03BE57D3183D.jpg

7. Mar 15, 2019 at 7:08 PM
    6 gearT444E

6 gearT444E Certified Electron Pusher

Member:
    Deep South
    Herculiner Hootus
    $450 for a plate and a couple of gas shocks, it doesn't even have the word overland in the description :eek::eek::eek:

Nimble9 and V5ioV like this.
  8. Mar 15, 2019 at 7:47 PM
    avw4x4

avw4x4 Well-Hung Member

Member:
    First Name:
    (M)Andrew
    Rochester, NY
    Vehicle:
    2003 Yota
    ...loading....
    Some Juan oughta get a vijeo of how they operate. For research purposes.

JLink[OP] likes this.
  9. Mar 15, 2019 at 7:50 PM
    6 gearT444E

6 gearT444E Certified Electron Pusher

Member:
    Deep South
    Herculiner Hootus
    Actually when I googled the rack, there are no shocks even involved. They just have a pin lock that allows the front to pivot down. It would be very easy to make your own. Maybe @Nimble9 can add to list of products for us east coast folks :)

JLink[OP] likes this.
  10. Mar 15, 2019 at 10:42 PM
    Chux

Chux Pura Vida

Member:
    NJ beaches
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD O/R Beach Buggy
    Click on my Build
    If you don’t DIY that I’m unsubbing this build.

11. Mar 16, 2019 at 3:54 AM
    V5ioV

Member:
    First Name:
    V5ioV
    Out n 'bout
    Vehicle:
    '13 Pewp Water Slut
    I like the ones that slide then drop keeping the fridge still leveled.... but not happy on any of the prices I've seen

JLink[QUOTED][OP] likes this.
  12. Mar 16, 2019 at 3:56 AM
    V5ioV

Member:
    First Name:
    V5ioV
    Out n 'bout
    Vehicle:
    '13 Pewp Water Slut
    Even more lute :(

Screenshot_20190316-065536_Chrome.jpg

JLink[OP] likes this.
  13. Mar 16, 2019 at 4:41 AM
    JLink

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ocean, NJ
    Why don’t you try it and let me know what you come up with?

Next time you need a room painted you can hire me :p

Exactly why I don’t want to diy- this looks like a huge pain in the ass compared to grabbing a strap and pulling. - https://youtu.be/iN2drvGQdDQ

https://youtu.be/Z_drvReuvvo

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
    Chux[QUOTED], Nimble9 and avw4x4 like this.
  14. Mar 16, 2019 at 6:51 AM
    chenbro

chenbro ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Member:
    Broomfield, CO
    Vehicle:
    2009 Silver DCSB TRD OR
    What haven’t I changed?
    Those prices :eek:

You have a truck bed. Just carry a $10 step stool

15. Mar 16, 2019 at 8:25 AM
    Nimble9

Nimble9 visit squareonecreations.com Vendor

Member:
    Lebanon, PA
    Vehicle:
    2006 4x4 DCSB
    enough to have fun

Haha it’s possible to make one. Ideally modular to fit many fridges.

Edit: Ali-cab’s prices are so insanely inflated. Their wood box is $1k and very small.

16. Mar 16, 2019 at 9:06 AM
    JLink

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ocean, NJ
    Step stool won’t help. Can’t open the fridge (when it’s sitting on a drawer system) while in the bed (under the go fast camper). Only way would be for the fridge to slide out over the tailgate, and at that point it might as well tilt down so you don’t need a step stool.

V5ioV likes this.
  17. Mar 18, 2019 at 7:24 AM
    Nimble9

Nimble9 visit squareonecreations.com Vendor

Member:
    Lebanon, PA
    Vehicle:
    2006 4x4 DCSB
    enough to have fun

those DIY fridge slides look like a fun project, now that i've researched them more

18. Mar 21, 2019 at 6:32 AM
    JLink

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ocean, NJ
    I swapped out my 8 year old all pro expos for some deaver stage 3 leaf packs yesterday. I didn’t realize how bad they were till I removed them, and now the truck is so much quieter.

Broke the front bolt on the driver side and had to run out for some new bolts. They ended up being too big for the hanger holes so I had to drill them out. Had to cut a step bit to shorten it so I wouldn’t drill a hole in my new fuel tank by accident.

Then I swapped out the bolt on the passenger side so they would both be new, but since I had already installed the leaf spring on that side it was hard to get it lined back up while bolted to the axle. I tried a tip I saw recently about lining stuff up. I used a ratchet strap around a slider leg and the axle and used that and a pry bar to pull the front eye into the hanger and line it up. Worked great.

Still waiting for new u bolts, but I wanted to get the leaf packs in and I figure replacing the u bolts won’t be too bad when they get here.

Oh and I found my driver side bump stop hardware had rusted out and I would’ve lost the bump stop soon. Luckily I still had a spare from the last time I lost one and timbren warrantied it by sending me a whole new set.

I need to work on the exhaust soon. The y pipe is bandaged with a piece of duct work and hose clamps, and the muffler is missing 1 hanger and is ready to brake the other hanger.
    Been holding off to try to decide if I want to do headers while I’m at it... but I’m thinking I’ll just do a new y pipe and cat back system.

6 gearT444E and HomerTaco like this.
  19. Apr 1, 2019 at 5:14 AM
    JLink

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ocean, NJ
    Sold my softtopper yesterday.

Trying to sell my 50” curved LED light bar.

HomerTaco likes this.
  20. Apr 1, 2019 at 6:58 AM
    cynicalrider

cynicalrider #NFG

Member:
    Jersey
    Vehicle:
    01 SR5 TRD 4x4, '23 Bronco Wildtrak, 2017 HSQV FE350
    Drop bracket lift and booger welds
    Too many words, not enough pictures for us tards. Loving that you are giving the truck love!

To Top