1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

JSEnclosures Build Thread

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds' started by hookedontronics, May 14, 2010.

1. hookedontronics

hookedontronics [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    Icon extended travel 3.5" front coilovers, DSM UCAs, TSB leaf pack w/ wheelers AAL, All Pro U-bolt flip kit, Walker Evans 2.0 rear shocks, 18" XD Monster rims, Nitto trail grappler 285/65R18 Tires, Color matched grill, Grillcraft, Kragen HIDs, Carling switches, my bed light mod, diff drop, Alpine IVA-W505, JL Audio C5 componets and coaxials, JL 300/4 and 250/1 amps and JL stealthbox, wheathertechs, avs vent visors, toyota bed x-tender, alcantara center console cover and door pocket covers, console vault, color matched mirrors, heated mirrors, etc etc etc
    Got a new cannon T1i the other day so here are some fresh pics.

iPod #2 cable and shelf in the glovebox
    [​IMG]

iSqueeze for the iPhone
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ultragauge
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Color matched grill, grillcraft and kragen hids
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. hookedontronics

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    Icon extended travel 3.5" front coilovers, DSM UCAs, TSB leaf pack w/ wheelers AAL, All Pro U-bolt flip kit, Walker Evans 2.0 rear shocks, 18" XD Monster rims, Nitto trail grappler 285/65R18 Tires, Color matched grill, Grillcraft, Kragen HIDs, Carling switches, my bed light mod, diff drop, Alpine IVA-W505, JL Audio C5 componets and coaxials, JL 300/4 and 250/1 amps and JL stealthbox, wheathertechs, avs vent visors, toyota bed x-tender, alcantara center console cover and door pocket covers, console vault, color matched mirrors, heated mirrors, etc etc etc
    I Just won a set of new UCA's from DownSouth Motors!!! WooHoo, can't wait to put them on the taco!!!!!

3. hookedontronics

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    So i finally started working on my bed light mods. Been looking at different alternatives for a while and i've read a lot of write ups but i haven't liked any of them. I decided to come up with my own. I found a carling bedlight switch on carlings website and after about a month of searching for it on-line Mud-UK was able to get one for me in red like i had wanted. So then it was on to bed lights...I looked around for about a week straight and finally found some flush mount 12v reverse/back-up lights that i thought would work perfect.

Next i took a hard piece of plastic about 1/8" tick and jut it up with the jigsaw to fit the side bed pockets. I tried using 1/4" wood but it just kept breaking as the one end had to be very thin for the way i wanted them mounted. I used lock-tite 5min epoxy to glue the plastic pieces in place.

So then i sanded it all down and dropped them off at line-x and that is where they sit until tomorrow evening. I also mounted a carling 3 switch blank in my center console that i will use for bed lights, off road lights, and a cb radio. I dropped the center console off at line-x as well to get sprayed. I think it will give it a nice look for the rest of the cab, too much silver in there for me.

Here's some pics:

The light, gromet and wiring plug
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here they are for part numbers and brand
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My bed pockets modded, before line-x. You can see that i angled the lights both back and down to illuminate the entire bed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The best part of these lights was the total. Everywhere i found these lights on-line they were 30 bucks a piece + the plug and + shipping
    [​IMG]

My carling bed light switch
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is the 3 switch panel i installed in my center console as well
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. hookedontronics

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    Line-x'd the shift surround. Also sent my center console out to JPM Coachworks to be wrapped in alcantara, and ordered some material for the door pockets as well.
    [​IMG]

5. hookedontronics

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
  6. paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    nice build

7. hookedontronics

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    So after getting my shift surround line-x'd i figured i'd get something done to the center console and the door panels to bring a little more black color into the truck. I sent my Center sonsole off to JPM Coachworks on friday and got this picture form them yesterday. I should have it in a day or two and with it will come some more black alcantara to do the door panels. Hopefully i'll be able to find some time and a semi-warm day to do the doors within the next couple weeks.

[​IMG]

8. meantaco

meantaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andres
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prerunner. Gone,but not forgotten.
    Retrofit,bull bar,hellas and color matched grill.
    nice build thread

9. hookedontronics

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    Thanks

10. Cortland

Cortland THIS IS AMERICA!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Cortland
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Clifford aka Big Red
    Camburg 4" Spindles, 5100's All Around, All-Pro 1.5" Leaf Pack, All-Pro U-Bolt Flip Kit, Avid Sliders, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Wicked Flow 18" Muffler
    Any pics of the line-x'd seats?

11. hookedontronics

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    I'll snap you some today, completely forgot about it

12. Cortland

Member:
    First Name:
    Cortland
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Clifford aka Big Red
    Camburg 4" Spindles, 5100's All Around, All-Pro 1.5" Leaf Pack, All-Pro U-Bolt Flip Kit, Avid Sliders, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Wicked Flow 18" Muffler
    Thanks man, are you bringing all of the stuff to a line-x shop or are you doing it yourself? How much did they charge you for the front console around the shifter?

13. hookedontronics

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    I just bring it in. I've got a good hookup with the line-x guy. Well..it's actually called ONYX but its the same exact thing, just comes witht he uv protectant included. I bring in speaker rings a couple days a week and i just have him spray those and the smaller stuff when he's doing a bed for someone so he doesn't have it clean the gun just for me. The shifter console and the bed pockets cost me 10- bucks to do, the backs of the seats and the front valance cost me 50 bucks. A full set of speaker rings cost me 20 bucks. So really, it's retty cheap to do. I'll go snap some pics and put them up right now

14. hookedontronics

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
  15. Cortland

Member:
    First Name:
    Cortland
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Clifford aka Big Red
    Damn, that looks really good. I'm assuming you have to take the seat apart?

16. ApacheDriver

ApacheDriver Showin' HAWG how it's done!

Member:
    First Name:
    Z
    CA, TX
    Vehicle:
    '10 MGM 4x4 TRD Sport
    Did you mat behind the box at all?

Nice mods!

17. hookedontronics

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    Yup but it only takes a second

18. hookedontronics

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    Yup rattletrap xxxtreme

19. NC15TRD

NC15TRD Your girlfriend likes my member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    PA
    Vehicle:
    15 DCSB TRD Sport 6-Speed
    KINGS | LR | OME Dakars | Bilstein | Wheeler's Superbumps | OCTaco brake lines | UWS | Level 8 MK6 | Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx | PrInSu
    can you post a pic of the light mount behind the grill?

20. hookedontronics

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    They are just mounted to the plastic on the bottom of the grill and there are 2 L brackets on the top to keep them from moving. I still need to wire them up so i'll snap a pic for you when i am doing that (hopefully this weekend)

To Top