1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

just bought a tacoma..whats the best running board for my tacoma?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by blktacoma, Jul 4, 2008.

1. Jul 4, 2008 at 3:14 AM
    blktacoma

blktacoma [OP] New Member

Member:
    I have a 05 Tacoma prerunnner Dbl Cab TRD Sport and I am looking for a running board.. Ive seen some chrome ones around that I like, but don't know which one is good.. I want the chome ones with no name on it...Is there a specific brand thats good? I seen some running boards on Ebay and the Nerf step looks nice..what do you guys think? this is my first truck and Im new to this....

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Jul 4, 2008 at 5:54 AM
    Addicted

Addicted Well-Known Member

Member:
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 - TRD Off Road - Black
    I've been looking and so far I like the look of the All Pro
    I still have some research to do though.

3. Jul 4, 2008 at 6:08 AM
    wormhole7

wormhole7 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lake Dallas, Tx
    Vehicle:
    TSS
    Leather, Suspension TSB, Billy 5100's up front set at .85, Eaton Posi LSD,Grillcraft Black Mesh Grills,Aires Bull Bar,Black Low Profile Narrow Toybox,Black Headlight Mod,Black Tail lights ,USA Spec,Ipod, PopnLock,Bed Mat,Bug Sheild,Vent Visors, Weathertec Liners,Radar,Nuvi 760,Dog Ramp,Convex Mirrors, Roof Rack, Tint, Borla exhaust, Borla Intake, OBX pedals, Home Link Auto Dimming Mirror with remote, 20" Factory Wheels, Factory Tube Steps
    I like the rock gaurds. Not only good looking, but multi functional.
    May get some down the road.

4. Jul 4, 2008 at 6:26 AM
    Imrubicon

Imrubicon Wife thinks I am done Modding truck

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 Access 4X4 SR5
    Shhh! the wife thinks I dont do mods on trucks anymore
    If you are doing any reall offroading then the armor pays for itself.
    My wrangler had armor almost under the whole underside and whe nI traded for the Tacoma I removed the dinged up armor and the jeep still looked good after many hard miles.

5. Jul 4, 2008 at 6:53 AM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 DC/SB V6
    Magnaflow 12576 muffler & chrome tip, Westin step bars, 27% tint, Pop N Lock, AFE ProdryS, bed mat, Husky liners, D-rings added, Access Literider tonneau, Pioneer 4-ways all around, GY Wrangler Duratracs 265/75/16, 5100's @ 1.75", 1.5" AAL
    Yeah, you need to decide whether you'll be going off road or not. For steps, I'd get the N-Fab's. For armor, I'd get the All Pro's. I have Westin nerfs but I will eventually be replacing them with N-Fabs.

6. Jul 4, 2008 at 1:05 PM
    blktacoma

blktacoma [OP] New Member

Member:
    its not for offroad, daily drive only

7. Jul 4, 2008 at 2:48 PM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 DC/SB V6
    Magnaflow 12576 muffler & chrome tip, Westin step bars, 27% tint, Pop N Lock, AFE ProdryS, bed mat, Husky liners, D-rings added, Access Literider tonneau, Pioneer 4-ways all around, GY Wrangler Duratracs 265/75/16, 5100's @ 1.75", 1.5" AAL
  8. Jul 4, 2008 at 4:09 PM
    CornDog

CornDog Well-Known Member

Member:
    Gallant, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2007 SpeedWay Blue Double Cab Tacoma
    12000 lb Milemarker Winch Warn Trans4mer Grille Guard Gear Motorsports Wheels, Pioneer Head Unit w Ipod Interface, 2 Diamond D3 10's in custom box, UWS black tool box. N-fab stepbars, 15% tint, bug deflector,ventvisors, K&N Series 77 Cold air Intake, Hi lift jack mounted, 4D-LED maglite mounted, Lund Grill Screen
    yeah i agree go with nfab. ive had mine for several months and they stand up to everything ive put out. ive high centered several times on them and they havent flexed or bent or nething. i believe they are for mainly normal use but the occasional offroader wouldnt be dissappointed. :D

9. Jul 4, 2008 at 7:23 PM
    t-frax

t-frax Well-Known Member

Member:
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRUNNER TRD Sports Pkg, Black
    Pop&Lock, Bakflip, spare tire lock, folding hitch step, alarm, n-fab steps, more to come hopefully
    i've been considering n-fabs too or the go rhino dominator II. i heard they mount differently than other nerf steps and running boards. I heard they mount right under the door instead of onto the frame...anyone know if thise is true?

10. Jul 4, 2008 at 8:08 PM
    CornDog

Member:
    Gallant, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    12000 lb Milemarker Winch Warn Trans4mer Grille Guard Gear Motorsports Wheels, Pioneer Head Unit w Ipod Interface, 2 Diamond D3 10's in custom box, UWS black tool box. N-fab stepbars, 15% tint, bug deflector,ventvisors, K&N Series 77 Cold air Intake, Hi lift jack mounted, 4D-LED maglite mounted, Lund Grill Screen
    Oh yeah. totally true. there are holes already there. they have little plastic covers on them and are actually hard to find sometimes because they got put on b4 paint so the threads wouldnt get messed up. but when i mounted my nfabs i jumper on the step and they dont flex hardly at all. i had some westins on this truck b4 i got the nfabs and the westins actually moved more.

11. Jul 4, 2008 at 8:31 PM
    007Tacoma

007Tacoma I dub thee malicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner Trail Edition Premium
    Cloaking Device
    Welcome to TW! Can't help you much on the running boards, but I can tell ya that you chose wisely on the truck! :thumbsup:

12. Jul 4, 2008 at 9:24 PM
    t-frax

t-frax Well-Known Member

Member:
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRUNNER TRD Sports Pkg, Black
    Pop&Lock, Bakflip, spare tire lock, folding hitch step, alarm, n-fab steps, more to come hopefully
    thanks for the info. i gotta check it out under my door frame. i was just worried on how sturdy it would hold the steps mounted there as opposed to the frame. I was more afraid of it bending under the cab itself somehow. but then again you tested it. so i'll go with the experience.

13. Jul 5, 2008 at 1:12 PM
    CornDog

Member:
    Gallant, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    yeah they def. been trail tested. ive also got some of those "fluffy" friends and they USE them every time they hop in the truck. im more afraid of them breaking the Oh Crap handle than the steps...... if you are able to bend or break um u prolly in some serious stuff.

Products Discussed in

To Top