1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Just did tundra brake swap & 2.5 inch coilover lift. Anyone recommendations on rims?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by beefsteak, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Feb 14, 2012 at 9:04 AM
    beefsteak

beefsteak [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD 4x4
    Grey Wire mod, Eibach and bilstein 5100s all around, Alcan leafsprings, tundra brake swap with steel lines, loose steering column weld mod, keyless/alarm mod
    I just did the tundra the tundra brake swap on my '03 ext cab tacoma 4x4 TRD. It's pretty tight in there with the stock rims. My tires are pretty worn and I'm thinking about upgrading my 265/75/16 tires for a whole new wheel and rim setup. There's a part of me that wants to go with a more agressive larger tire like 285/75/16, but I'm not sure what the best bet is especially since I still have stock UCAs. If I don't want to have to use spacers, what minimum back spacing do I have to have to avoid frame rub and UCA rub to run the 285/75/16s? And should I stick with 16inch rims or upgrade to 17s? I just don't want to buy 16inch rims online to find out that they don't clear the calipers and I'll end up with UCA and frame rub. Any of you guys with minor lifts and have done the tundra brake swap have any ideas? I was looking at the Dick Cepec DC-2 16is with 4 inch backspacing... but I really like the look of the wheeler's steelies, but I just want something more durable in alloy that's flat black and not chromed out, but everything that I've seen so far has around 4.5inch backspace which I'm afraid I'll have trouble with rub issues...Thanks in advance :)

2. Feb 14, 2012 at 9:07 AM
    BAMFTACO

BAMFTACO Another day another beer

Member:
    First Name:
    Juan
    Woodlandland hills , CA
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma AC Prerunner
    Kings bruh
    Go with some badass 17 and Goodyear duratrac 285/70/17

3. Feb 14, 2012 at 9:14 AM
    MapleMoose

MapleMoose Drunk Canadian

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    West Kootenays
    Vehicle:
    1996 Tacoma SR5
    3" Eibach Coils, 3" AP Springs, AP 6" Shackles Toytec Diff drop, BAMF Sliders, Deck plate mod,Volt meter, Highbeam mod, PIAA fogs, 18" Magnaflow, LED dash swap, Color matched Satoshi Grille, Custom Rear Plate Bumper
    Those calipers should be fine with a 16" wheel. I have some 16X8 wheels with 4.5 BS and 285/75/16 A/t's and it rubbed the frame at full lock. It was really close to the uca too. If you go to a 17" wheel, you'll have to get something with 3.75-4" BSing because it will be a taller tire.

Products Discussed in

To Top