1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Just fixed rear Leaf "Creak/Squeek"

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by ibengineer, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Sep 17, 2010 at 9:18 PM
    ibengineer

ibengineer [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    00 Tacoma TRD 4x4
    Dirt Logic 2.5" Coilovers, Camburg UCA's, Icon 3 Leaf add-a-pack, billy 5100's in the rear, Custom front Plate bumper, XRC 8500 lb winch, lots of little mods
    Potentially dangerous situation just fixed (for now). I have been hearing this creaking noise from my rear suspension for about 2 weeks now. I have good suspension up front - but my rear suspension is the leftovers of a revtek kit (1.5" block under the stock leafs (TSB done by prev. owner)).

SO this damn noise was driving me crazy, I would WD40 the crap out of the leafs, lithium the bushing, etc. I could not figure out what was causing it, but it seemed to get better (temporarily) with grease. I finally got sick of it, and crawled under there for some brainstorming. I was thinking of complicated things it could be, and I was overlooking the obvious... the nuts on my U-bolts were not tight! They were "snug", but I was able to crank quite a bit more out of them. Soon as I did it - creaking stopped!

Thank god I noticed this, these things must have come loose over the last few offroad adventures. So for all of you who have blocks in the rear - check those U-bolts often!

Products Discussed in

To Top