1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

just for looks

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by k9cop, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Apr 15, 2011 at 6:32 PM
    k9cop

k9cop [OP] if your not the lead dog, the view never changes

Member:
    First Name:
    Farva
    Hogwarts
    Vehicle:
    10 tacoma dbl cab trd off road prerunner
    CST 3.5" spindles, King 2.5 rr ,All Pro Expo's, Ext. Billy 5100's rear, Ext rear All Pro brake lines, LR UCA's, debadged, Cobra 29,2ft firestick, satoshi by jim, ARB front bumper, Smittybuilt xrc8 winch, wethatecs, bhlm also by jimbob, belgium malinois and German Shepherd in bed
    Question for everyone. I am getting a 3" pro comp lift with LR UCA's. With that I am also getting pro comp 17x9 4.5 backspace,rims. I will be doing slight off roading, nothing serious. So, the tires are more for asthetics than function. I like the look of alot of tire on a truck. Should I put on 305/65/17's or the 285/70 or 75/17's. which in ya'lls opinion looks better? The 305's are gonna be pro comp xtreme. looking at the bf all terrain for the 285. Will i have to trim on either?

2. Apr 16, 2011 at 6:47 AM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    305's will require a substantial amount of trimming/ cab mount chop...even then they will probably still rub. Stick with 285/70's

3. Apr 16, 2011 at 1:36 PM
    RelentlessFab

RelentlessFab Eric @Relentless Fab Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 AC 6mt>03 SR5 >08 Sport and 17 6MT TRD OR
    Relentless Armored! Too many others to list.
    Trimming is required for all those options. Here's the order of less -> more trimming so you can decide based on how much you want to do:

285/70/17(33x11" tire): fairly minor. Basically the bottom of the fender flare and a little inner fender trimming. Body mount chop possibly required.
    305/65/17(33x12" tire): Same as above, but slightly more required and body mount chop probably a must unless your truck is a street queen and you dont mind hearing it rub the body mount sometimes.
    285/75/17(34x11" tire): These will require quite a bit of trimming, body mount hack is a must. Running the stock front bumper wouldnt be recommended, youd be better off with an aftermarket front bumper that gives additional tire clearance. These will also rub the top of the fenderwell at full suspension compression so if you offroad the truck, you'll want some different front bump stops.

Products Discussed in

To Top