1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Just got back from SoCal

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by Chad, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Aug 1, 2009 at 7:37 PM
    Chad

Chad [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 V6 Access Cab TRD Sport
    Kenwood DMX-7704S Headunit -- Blackvue DR-470 Dashcam -- Pioneer TS-A1685R Speakers in Front -- Suntek CXP 40 Front Tint -- Access Vanish Roll-up Tonneau -- Wet Okole Seat Covers -- Fog Lights on Anytime -- PnL Powered Tailgate Lock -- DTRL "Stealth Mode" -- LED Footwell and Cup Holder Lights -- Map Lights ON with Dome Light -- Shorty Antenna -- AC Line Extension Mod -- Access Cab Rear Headrest Removal
    Well, my spur of the moment trip to LA and Las Vegas came to an end today, and I must tell you SoCal guys how much I loved LA and the hills around the area. The city and the hills are beautiful, and the hills looked like they'd be perfect for trails. While I was driving up I-15 towards Vegas, I remembered that you guys had a meet at the Cleghorn trail. Well I stopped at that little McDonalds that you guys met at and got me a drink. That hill looked perfect for trails, and there was even that lake about 10 miles back there. Anyways, I just wanted to tell you guys how much I loved LA and the surrounding areas, much different than here in NC. The only thing that I did not like was the think layer of smog that blanketed the city and the surrounding areas. Another thing I noticed was the large amounts of Toyota Prius's lining the freeways. Anyways, thanks for a great trip SoCal (and Vegas :D)!

2. Aug 1, 2009 at 9:16 PM
    Padilla1880

Padilla1880 "Let's Ride!"

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Temecula, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD OffRoad V6 SR5 PreRunner
    Right on! Glad you enjoyed your time out here. We're pretty spoiled here. Everything is pretty much at our finger tips!

3. Aug 1, 2009 at 10:04 PM
    humanoid

humanoid bite me

Member:
    Sunny SoCal
    Vehicle:
    I had a '99 Xtra Cab PreRunner SR5 V6
    It's the only place in the US where you can ski in the morning, drive 1.5 hours and go surfing.

I don't think that was smog, our mornings get overcast, it's the marine layer sneaking in from the ocean.

4. Aug 1, 2009 at 10:06 PM
    SocalMan22

SocalMan22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve-0
    So*Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    What Mods!
    Gotta love socal!

5. Aug 1, 2009 at 10:09 PM
    Sinister

Sinister Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Vegas
    Vehicle:
    11 Super White TRD Off-Road
    WeatherTech Liners, ICON Stage 3 front and back, ICON UCAs, ICON AAL
    Marine layer is code for SMOG.. Driving up and down the 15 will give you a great view of San Bernardino, and the surround area.. So did you leave any money in Vegas AKA Lost Wages? If you did, thank you and come again..lol

6. Aug 1, 2009 at 10:12 PM
    humanoid

humanoid bite me

Member:
    Sunny SoCal
    Vehicle:
    I had a '99 Xtra Cab PreRunner SR5 V6
  7. Aug 1, 2009 at 10:15 PM
    Sinister

Sinister Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Vegas
    Vehicle:
    11 Super White TRD Off-Road
    WeatherTech Liners, ICON Stage 3 front and back, ICON UCAs, ICON AAL
    Ok, you got me there. But living in that area just south of cleghorn for a number of years I can verify its smog and not just marine layer..:cool:

8. Aug 1, 2009 at 10:17 PM
    SocalMan22

SocalMan22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve-0
    So*Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    What Mods!
    yeah there will be smog but living coastal you will see the marine layer come in and believe me being a fisherman you see alot.

9. Aug 1, 2009 at 10:23 PM
    MiikeyD

MiikeyD The Green Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Upland, CA
    Vehicle:
    Green Prerunner DC 2.7L
    Suspension / Wheels / Tires 3.5" Fabtech lift w/ AAL 265/75/16 BFG A/T American Racing Baja Audio Alpine HU CDA-9886 Kicker DS650 Z-Edition 1000W Memphis M3 US Amps 4000W 2.5Farad Cap Lighting 6000K HID 2 Hella 500FF 2 Aux Bed Lights 2 Aux Driving Lights Performance Volant CAI Flomaster Super 44 Doug Thorley Long Tube headers (coming soon) NGK Iridium Sparkplugs Accessories Scanguage II Cobra LTD27-NW with 3' Firestik Radio Shack Triple Trunking Scanner Harbor Freight Hi-Lift Cosmetics Flat Black Bumper Trim Flat Black Grill Surrounding with Satoshi Clear Corners Future Modifications (not specific) Longtravel w/ king shocks or fox Caged bed Shackles rear suspension. Fox / king shocks custom front bumper Custom Glassworks extreme kit for 01-04 (only have hood and passenger side.. need driver panel) Supercharger + 8port intake manifold optima yellow top battery remounted new rims caged interior rear bench removal 4 sparc
    just like my signature, haha im glad you love it, we are spoiled like daniel said, everything in socal :D and vegas always isnt too far either

10. Aug 2, 2009 at 1:52 PM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud I'm back.

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Chula Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Off Road DCSB
    Stock. Purchased 2/17/19. Cement!
    Wait! You missed San Diego? Then you didn't really visit SoCal. Haha. Have a nice drive home.

11. Aug 2, 2009 at 3:37 PM
    Chad

Chad [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 V6 Access Cab TRD Sport
    Kenwood DMX-7704S Headunit -- Blackvue DR-470 Dashcam -- Pioneer TS-A1685R Speakers in Front -- Suntek CXP 40 Front Tint -- Access Vanish Roll-up Tonneau -- Wet Okole Seat Covers -- Fog Lights on Anytime -- PnL Powered Tailgate Lock -- DTRL "Stealth Mode" -- LED Footwell and Cup Holder Lights -- Map Lights ON with Dome Light -- Shorty Antenna -- AC Line Extension Mod -- Access Cab Rear Headrest Removal
    Drive??? You think I would actually drive to California? Anyways, it was my first time flying, pretty cool if I should say so myself. But nothing beats driving my Taco :D.

12. Aug 2, 2009 at 3:43 PM
    rpparkster

rpparkster Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Roger
    Long Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD 4X4
    TRD FJ Wheels, 285 GY DuraTrac's, Fox 2.5 C/O w/ Res, TC UCA's, Demello Sliders,AllPro 3" Leaf Pack, Walker Evans 2.0 Adj. RR, AllPro Front Bumper & IFS Skid, Timbren Bump Stops, Leather
    Glad you had a good time out here. Too bad it wasn't when there was a trail run or a mod day...maybe next time.

Products Discussed in

To Top