1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Just got TSB done.

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by FLATaco06, May 18, 2008.

1. May 18, 2008 at 2:58 PM
    FLATaco06

FLATaco06 [OP] Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Big Bend Area, FL
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma TRD 4x4 9'' Monster
    6'' Fabtech performance kit = 2k+ rear TSB springs = $0 Grillcraft grille = $150 5% tint = $110 Pioneer In-Dash DVD = $450 1 15" Kicker CompVR Subwoofer = $250 Hypertech Speedo Calibrator = $120 Scangauge II = $150 Smoked Tails and Blacked Headlights = $250 FSU Tag mod = $20 JBA Titanium Headers JBA Cat-back Exhaust EBC Sport Rotors Total Chaos UCAs Go Rhino Dominator II bars Calling it mine = Priceless ----------------------
    Hey guys. I just got my TSB done at Legacy Toyota in Tallahassee, Florida on Friday. Initially I looked at the drivers side and admired my 4 new springs. Today I looked again and I noticed that the passenger side rear still has 3 springs!!! They are definately new springs but I am wondering WTF? The back seems to be level from driver to pasenger side, but aren't I supposed to have4 on both sides? Maybe since its a 4x4 there is a balance issue? I am not pissed yet but wondering if I should be. Any advice opinions are welcome.

2. May 18, 2008 at 3:07 PM
    tcBob

tcBob Gringo Bandito Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 V6 Black
    yes supposed to be 4 leafs on both sides. a couple of members here had the the wrong parts ordered when they got theirs done and had to take it back to get it corrected.

3. May 18, 2008 at 3:23 PM
    Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Rocklin, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2001 prerunner doublecab limited
    2001 with; cat-back side-swept twin exhaust, elbow mod, Westin bullbar with Hella 450 driving lights, Snugtop XTR camper shell, TRD off-road 2x4-black beauty.
    +1 with the Boss, Flat. I don't posess the technical stuff but I've read around on this thing. I cannot fathom putting one less leaf on a vehicle that would potentially be used as it was built for-that being hauling/towing THOUSANDS of pounds!! Would they actually have the knards to do that to correct a stupid lean? I Hope not:eek:

4. May 18, 2008 at 7:14 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    definately take it back and have that side redone. another member had the 3 leafs and they admitted that they were packaged wrong and one had 3 while one had 4 in the same boxes w/ the same numbers....definately an eff up on toyotas end

Products Discussed in

To Top