1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Just had someone try to come through the front door...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Polymerhead, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Feb 1, 2012 at 11:24 PM
    rab89

rab89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ross
    Kelowna b.c canada
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCLB TRD Sport
    DUH, they're supposed to "panic" haha

2. Feb 1, 2012 at 11:26 PM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    why not in shower? lol no shelf to put it on?

oh ya it’s not a GLOCK. :p jkjk

3. Feb 2, 2012 at 12:35 AM
    jdickey03

jdickey03 $enior M3MB3R

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Vehicle:
    (SOLD)2006 Tacoma trd offroad
    3" skyjacker Lift,Pioneer touch screen unit. Relentless Rear Bumper.
    I had this happen once....turned out to be raccoons going through my trash can....:eek::eek::eek:....stayed in the house and called the cops...cop showed up knocking at the door and told us he chased them off, but not to be embarrassed cause they were big and gave him a scare haha. Panic Word is interesting, just told my fiance about it and she replies "your family never had a panic word when you were younger!?!" ...uhh no? I'm gonna come up with a sweet panic word now :)

4. Feb 2, 2012 at 12:37 AM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    "hun.
    GIANT PENIS DINOSAUR WITH TITTY SPRINKLES"

"I'll get the gun."

but seriously, I never thought of using panic words... putting that idea away for later in life :spy:

5. Feb 2, 2012 at 4:48 AM
    Polymerhead

Polymerhead [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    '18 TRD Limited Inferno...Tundra!
    Our panic word means "I'm dead serious right now, this is not a drill. Get your phone and get ready to call the cops." We've been together for 7 years and this is the first time I had to use it. It just keeps your wife or family from having to ask if you're serious, wondering if you're playing a prank or something. All I had to say was "we have a xxxxxx situation" and she was up, alert and had phone in hand with no question. It worked well.

6. Feb 2, 2012 at 5:09 AM
    jjew18

jjew18 the Nightman cometh!

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alliance Airport
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    Added extra awesomeness to its original awesomeness.
    It means to untie him and stop hitting him in the junk, the pain is no longer pleasurable.

or I suppose it could mean this VVVV

7. Feb 2, 2012 at 5:26 AM
    Yota Toy

Yota Toy Taco Sauce

Member:
    FX retros, Blazer fog-light retro, JVC KW-NT30HD head unit, Pioneer 6X9's in front doors, Pioneer 6.5's in rear doors, two Pioneer 12" subs in sealed boxes, Sony X-Plod amp, Hidden Hitch trailer hitch, EGR window visors, two PIAA low-tone horns, Westin light bar with two 100-watt KC low profile driving lights.
    It is a good thing you had your door locked, you very likely just saved his life...

8. Feb 2, 2012 at 5:33 AM
    JEP

JEP Resident Lurker

Member:
    Madison
    Vehicle:
    15 DBL V6 4WD
    N-fabs, BakFlip VP, power tailgate lock, bed lights, "raptor" grill lights. Standard mall crawler stuff.
    Glad everything was ok, We had someone break into our house when we were not home, I did not sleep for a week.

That's is suspicious to begin with, who does not have their own phone these days?

9. Feb 2, 2012 at 5:58 AM
    Mitch

Mitch Somebody call for a Wambulance?

Member:
    First Name:
    Mitch
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2007 Access Cab SR5 4x4
    Lights, Siren, Drugs, Needles, Electricity
    That's a great idea. Guess I know what the fiancée and I will talk about this weekend

10. Feb 2, 2012 at 6:36 AM
    ChuckLee

ChuckLee Well-Known Member

Member:
    Richmond, VA
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 4x4 DC
    i will be speaking with my wife about this. A panic word is a must.
    Another good thing to do in these situations is to keep your car remote panic button around, for many people the sound of the car will make people run away too.

Door locked while home.....? wow what is this world coming to?! I will do that more myself too, and I always make sure it's locked when it's just my wife home.

On a serious note.....any man/woman that is willing to break into your home WHILE YOU ARE HOME is either packing themselves or is completely psycho. In either case, don't try to play Wyatt Earp......do exactly what the OP did.
    Learned a lot here, thank you.

11. Feb 2, 2012 at 6:57 AM
    Hot Tamale

Hot Tamale Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pat
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    2012 Access Cab 4x2
    Great post. Thanks for all of the good information! Glad everything turned out well for you.

12. Feb 2, 2012 at 7:53 AM
    stewartx

stewartx Well-Known Member

Member:
    Huntsville AL
    Vehicle:
    2012 Silver DC SB TRD Off-Road
    Winch, front hitch, step bars, bed extender, bed step, gull-wing toolbox, tailgate lock, security system, cb radio, etc.
    In this household (wife & myself), our "panic word" is to quickly & clearly inform the other of what's happening ("two guys are trying to crash through the front door," etc), so the other is better able to respond to the situation as well. At that point, we coordinate our response (a combined counter-attack), based on what we've discussed and/or practiced previously.

Each is to always assume it's absolutely real, deadly serious, unless an exercise or test is unmistakeably and repeatedly discussed beforehand. We don't joke or play pranks about anything at all like this. Besides, in such a situation, both of us would likely immediately recognize the concern in the other's voice anyway.

13. Feb 2, 2012 at 8:00 AM
    tacomaprerunner

tacomaprerunner Dang liberals.

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle:
    1995 Ford F350 7.3L PowerStroke Diesel
    Good job OP. Check out the Castle Doctrine in Missouri.

14. Feb 2, 2012 at 8:01 AM
    Alderleet

Alderleet Ace of Spades

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Salty Hell
    Vehicle:
    '00 Acc Cab TRD 4x4
    You arent *playing* wyatt earp, you're pouring as many rounds of hot lead through their body before they hit the deck and its considered murder.

15. Feb 2, 2012 at 8:02 AM
    crazyengineer

crazyengineer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    patrick
    Bristol, TN
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma SR5 TRD Offroad
    K&N Cold Air Intake, Warn Winch and Bumper Guard, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Undercover Bed Cover, TRD Kenwood Head Unit, Infiniti Speakers, JL 13.5 inch pancake sub
    I keep on hearing stories like this.......not just here either, a lot in current magazines, as well as a few other articles. Panic word is a good idea. But since i live in dorms it doesnt do me much good. and when i get home, my siblings would just laugh and joke about it......

i would be the only one to take it seriously.....maybe in the future though

then again, i am usually in my room at home with something pulled apart (rc, weapons, etc....) and within easy reach of one of 2 gun safes in the house) I owuld end up grabbing a .22 since all the big guns (sentimental) are in a different (and fireproof) safe else wear....but hey, .22 rounds coming at you as fast as you can pull the trigger is a good deterrent

16. Feb 2, 2012 at 8:02 AM
    tacomaprerunner

tacomaprerunner Dang liberals.

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle:
    1995 Ford F350 7.3L PowerStroke Diesel
  17. Feb 2, 2012 at 8:04 AM
    4wd Boss

4wd Boss Shake and Bake

Member:
    First Name:
    Jefferson
    Big D
    Vehicle:
    16 Quiksand TRD Offroad
    Fog Light Mod, Pro Grille, raptor lights, 1.25 spacers, RC coilovers
    call me crazy but if is someone attempts to enter my home - and i am there and already have a gun on me - i am challenging said person to see whats up. Not sure about missouri, but in tx if someone is breaking into your house -you are protected from charges if you shoot the intruder - under homeowner self defense law.

18. Feb 2, 2012 at 8:12 AM
    Namyo

Namyo -

Member:
    Yup, scary! Local news here always has stuff like this :mad: I always lock the door when home, a habit I've been in since a story aired years ago in Sandy UT....girl abducted from a home while everybody was home. I thought, "wow, it's so beaver cleaver here I can't believe it" Bad dudes can ride bikes right over to your Beaver Cleaver neighborhood :cool:

A story where this paid off, came home from work early one day in Miami to find the door unlocked and the girl friend vacuuming in her skibbies...I gave her shit and she was like, " WTF even when I'm home?" Yup...uz in MIA now :cool:
    A few days later after she had listened, she thought I was home early again when the door knob shook...when she looked out the peep hole a dude was walking away and on to the neighbors home to see if that one was locked, and then to the next house...

Glad you're ok OP ;)

19. Feb 2, 2012 at 8:13 AM
    Chipskip

Chipskip N7MCS

Member:
    First Name:
    Chip
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    07 Tundra
    x2

20. Feb 2, 2012 at 8:15 AM
    jeremy_283

jeremy_283 Super Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad Access Cab 4x4 Auto 4.0L
    Hella Rallye 4000 Cornering Lights PIAA 510 Fog Lights All Pro Front Bumper All Pro Rear Bumper All Pro Transfer Case Skid All Pro IFS Skid All Pro Rock Sliders All Pro High Clearance Hitch OME Dakar Leaf Springs OME Rear Shocks OME Front Shocks OME 885 Front Coils Wet Okole Seat Covers WeatherTech Floor Liners Sony Head Unit JL XD600/1 Amp 2 JL Audio 10” Subwoofers Custom Subwoofer Enclosure Kenwood Front Speakers Sony Rear Speakers Sound Deadening Mats LED Interior Lighting Pop N’ Lock Tailgate Lock Viper Alarm System Extra D-Rings In Truck Bed Maglite Seat Mount Disable Seatbelt Chime Rear Differential Breather Relocation Hi-Lift Bed Mount Flexible Front Mud Flaps 110v Inverter Always At 400w ABS Kill Switch Locking Center Console Removed Sway Bar
    So if your in a big crowd and someone in your family yells "PINEAPPLES!" you then know sh*t is about to go down and your family knows to get the heck outta there.

Seriously though, glad your ok.

Products Discussed in

To Top