1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Just installed Doug Thorley LT Headers

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by docbrown, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Apr 2, 2010 at 5:54 PM
    docbrown

docbrown [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma SR5 4X4
    Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, Eclipse 6620 AVN GPS/DVD, K&N Drop-in Air Filter, Hose clamp mod, Redline Quick Lift Elites, Bilstein 5100's at .85, Firestone Ride Rite Air Bags, Weather Techs front and back, Bug Guard, and Factory Bull Bar, Wet Okole's up front, Bed Mat, LED interior lights, Fumoto Oil Valve
    OK. Just added the DTLT headers to my Tacoma. Originally was going to do them at my friends garage because he has a lift. Was supposed to happen last week, and then again today, but couldn't get time on the lift. So I decided to install the O2 sim today, and then once I had it on the ramps in my garage, one thing led to another and 4 hours later, I had headers. Like others have said, this is a very easy install. My only gripe is on the length of wire on the O2 sim (URD plug and play - no splicing:)). I was hoping to install it under the hood, but the wires were too short for that, so I zip tied it to the wiring harness on top of the transmission. It works as advertised, no CEL.

No dyno, but there is definitely more power available above 2500 RPM's. Not any where near as loud as I thought they would be (which is good). Still running the stock exhaust from the headers back, might change that later, but for now, just happy with my new headers!

2. Apr 2, 2010 at 5:56 PM
    Anathollo

Anathollo www.saveadane.org

Member:
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Icon coilovers, Rear Fox Resi-shocks, 285/70/17 Toyo A/T's, Touchscreen JVC Headunit, Custom Rhino-lined sub box, Rocksford Fosgate components and Dual Rockford Fosgate 10" shallow subs, Pioneer and Rocksford Fosgate amps, 1250 watts total, Autometer Volt and Trans gauges with Lotek A-pillar, K&N Drop-in filter, WO Seat covers, Tint, NST WP pulley, Hi-lift jack, Diff breather mod, horn relocation mod, extra "D" rings, de-pinstriped, carrier bearing drop, Rear backup 886 bulbs, Camburg UCA's, AMW Catch can, BHLM, OME Dakars with AAL, Procomp 7089's, Front single hoop Demello bumper, Superwinch Tiger Shark 9500, Amsteel 3/8th synthetic line
    Awesome! Pics?

3. Apr 2, 2010 at 5:56 PM
    Chris(NJ)

Chris(NJ) Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Usually in Central Jersey
    Vehicle:
    08 Indigo 4x4 DC OR
    Mods are currently being changed .....
    Cool! Nice job on the quick diy. Post up a sound clip or two. I'd be interested to hear how it sounds w/ that setup.

4. Apr 2, 2010 at 5:57 PM
    docbrown

Member:
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma SR5 4X4
    Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, Eclipse 6620 AVN GPS/DVD, K&N Drop-in Air Filter, Hose clamp mod, Redline Quick Lift Elites, Bilstein 5100's at .85, Firestone Ride Rite Air Bags, Weather Techs front and back, Bug Guard, and Factory Bull Bar, Wet Okole's up front, Bed Mat, LED interior lights, Fumoto Oil Valve
    I didn't take any pics while I was doing it because it was unplanned. I will try to get a sound clip up this weekend sometime.

5. Apr 2, 2010 at 6:01 PM
    Ty's Taco

Ty's Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Sweet home Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prerunner SR5 Sport Pearl Black
    Ask visa or my wife. They both constantly remind me how much I've got left to spend.
    Good deal getting those headers on with no problems. I had a manifold sensor on the passengers side that was crossthreaded and had to replace it. Two days and $165.00 later and it's sounding good.

6. Apr 2, 2010 at 6:29 PM
    SpaceMonkey

SpaceMonkey Well-Known Member

Member:
    Houston, Tx
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner
    Great mod! Congrats. Just watch out if you get an aftermarket exhaust. They tend to be raspy at certain RPMs with the DTLT headers.

7. Apr 8, 2010 at 7:02 PM
    docbrown

Member:
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma SR5 4X4
    Here is a sound bite on the headers as requested.

Attached Files:

• dtlt.mp3
      File size:
      162.9 KB
      Views:
  8. Jun 4, 2010 at 11:31 PM
    BREAK

BREAK Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRDOR LB
    BFG KO2 265/75R16 Icon Dynamics 2.0 Front Coilovers and rear shocks. Rear AAL Borla Catback exhaust Afe momentum CAI
    Did you hook up the sim to the o2 sensors just forward of the second set of cats, cause i dont see any other sensors. I did this and my cel is still on. Do i need to have it taken in or something to get it resest.

9. Jun 5, 2010 at 9:12 AM
    T0LLPHR33

T0LLPHR33 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S1N C1TY...(from Hilo, HI)...
    Vehicle:
    BSP TRD Off-Road
    APR X-1 | TRD CAI w/Clear Cover | TRD Short Shifter w/ TRD "RED" Shift Knob | SGII w/Blendmount| Snugtop SL w/KeyLess Entry | 5% Tint | Pop-n-Lock | Bosch Icon WB | S2K Antenna | HRM | LS 8K Projectors w/BSP HLM & 8K Fogs w/FLM | Debadged |Tinted Tails | Black Weathertechs | MX RGM & RBM | Optima Red Top 35 | Gatorback Belt |
    congrats on the o2 sim and the DTLH...:D

i love my setup...like you I am still running stock y-pipe and exhaust...i like the sound...not to raspy...you can definitely feel more mid-range to top end power...

Products Discussed in

To Top