1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Just messed up my wrx...no pics...Yet

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by bradu81, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Nov 27, 2010 at 10:10 PM
    bradu81

bradu81 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    N. California
    Vehicle:
    Silver Dbl Cab 4x4
    Short story...im on the freeway in the slow lane about to get off the exit when a mom with her 3 kids in a gmc envoy comes from 3 lanes over and almost swerves into me. Luckily i have such great reflexes and tap the brakes, switch lanes and...run over a portable generator in the middle of the freeway that someone dropped out of their truck...lol, sucks. When i saw it i thought i had better hit this thing straight on rather then try to dodge it and hit another car or hit it sideways and go flying. Weird thing is that i was trying to stay out of that lady's way for the first 10 miles of my drive as i saw her swerving in and out of traffic for about 5 minutes before this happened...of course she just took off...i don't even think that she saw what happened.
    Had to be somewhere so i got the car towed to a friends shop.

Thankfully no one was hurt and i was able to make it off the freeway and limp it to the parking lot. Oil and transmission fluid and coolant all over the ground...thats just fantastic, + probably going to ruin someones weekend having to clean it up, But no major body damage.. If i was in the Tacoma i probably would have just rolled right over it...

In any case i'm going to find out the damage on monday and figure out what to do with the car/insurance deal...have a good weekend everybody!

When i told my wife what happened she just laughed and said "I didn't know you wanted that STI that badly!" haha

2. Nov 27, 2010 at 10:25 PM
    mntbiker2008

mntbiker2008 First I derp.. then I herp

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    93 Pick up 4x4 (sold), 10' Mazda 3
    sucks man! good luck!

3. Nov 27, 2010 at 10:27 PM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    Glad your safe man...some people shouldn't have drivers licenses...keep us posted!

4. Nov 28, 2010 at 5:46 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Ugh....I hate hearing about stuff like this. Two inconsiderate douchebags in the same little stretch of highway.

Almost too bad she didn't hit you- She woulda paid for it.

Important part is you are okay tho....And the car can be fixed.

5. Nov 28, 2010 at 6:02 AM
    brutalguyracing

brutalguyracing BIG DADDY

Member:
    F.U> GUYZ
    broken mods
    x2 on the idiots out there part......
    and i am glad your ok.......
    hey has anyone seen my generator......:rolleyes:

6. Nov 28, 2010 at 2:37 PM
    bradu81

Member:
    N. California
    Vehicle:
    Silver Dbl Cab 4x4
    You're right though...cars can be fixed and luckily no one was hurt...except for brutalguys generator:)

Idiots is right...especially with the kids...when its just you being a tool on the road thats bad enough...including 3 kids...WTF...that could have turned out real badly.

I'll let you guys know what the result is though. Thanks for the words.

7. Nov 28, 2010 at 2:44 PM
    mike686

mike686 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Waldorf
    Vehicle:
    10 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    See Build Thread
    Subbed I wanna see pics

8. Dec 1, 2010 at 7:47 PM
    bradu81

Member:
    N. California
    Vehicle:
    Silver Dbl Cab 4x4
    no pics yet...probably won't be any cuz its not really pic worthy, but i found out whats going on underneath of that car. oil pan bent/broken and a piece of that crushed 1 of the solenoids that subaru has down there and i bent/dented a good portion of my magnaflow catback. hopefully i will be able to leave it be as christmas is already here. don't quite know what the total is going to be but i think that i got off pretty lucky. I thought it was going to be a bigger deal. Thankfully i should have that car running by next week.

Products Discussed in

To Top