1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Just returned from the dealer service center...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by radioactivemint, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Mar 29, 2011 at 6:01 PM
    radioactivemint

radioactivemint [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2011 Reg. Cab 4x4
    Pretty good experience so far, I'd say.

I've been having a problem with a clunking/rattling steering column when going on harsh unpaved roads and it's been getting progressively worse. I know there is a TSB on the issue but I didn't mention it to the service rep - I just described the problem as best as I could. I also mentioned an issue where I have vibrations around 20-25 MPH under heavy acceleration and when braking hard (vibrations show up once speed hits 20 MPH). I thought there was a TSB for this, too, but was surprised at what the techs came up with...

When I came back to pick up the truck, the rep mentioned there was a TSB for the steering column...pretty pleased I didn't have to fight anything or have to deal with a "we didn't feel it" hassle. Good experience! Parts are on order and they'll call me when it comes in.

His answer for the vibration was a bit more surprising. He said the tech put all my tires and wheels on some diabolical machine and turns out two tires are out of round and one rim is scrooged as well. One new rim and two new tires are headed my way. I hope this solves the problem; I'll certainly give them the benefit of the doubt.

2. Mar 29, 2011 at 6:11 PM
    Kingfrog

Kingfrog Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Rugged Trail Edition
    Undercover,Pop n Lock, Hardwired GPS, Garage door opener , Scanguage II, wireless back up camera, X994 Basslink, ...Prefer stock and non invasive functional mods
    If you would have given them the vibration TSB they would not have touched the wheels. That is why technicians/mechanics do not like Service writers to put customer generated TSBs on the order. they will do the TSB only and you would have brought it back with the same problem.

Glad to read of good service departments.

3. Mar 29, 2011 at 6:16 PM
    radioactivemint

radioactivemint [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2011 Reg. Cab 4x4
    Yeah, I hear you. It was a good experience. If this doesn't solve the problem then perhaps it will solve a different problem I would have had later on down the road if it hadn't been fixed.

Products Discussed in

To Top