1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Just thoughts

Discussion in 'Personal & Emotional Support' started by raycie, May 8, 2014.

1. May 8, 2014 at 12:32 AM
    raycie

raycie [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oahu, HI
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCLB / 2016 4R Trail
    In need of $$$
    Crazy to think that the best people to talk to is some random Tacoma enthusiast.

*In Feb ('13) lost my mom to pancreatic cancer...
    *In Aug('13), I personally dealt with a couple of strokes (injury related, not cholesterol/health related)...
    *Today Grandma fighting to stay alive.. yes she is 92 and lived a full and long life, but having to go through the whole death and dying cycle is crap..

Today most all of the family gathered at the hospital as they were supposed to take her off the respirator. Kinda felt surreal as we thought we were (for the most part) going there to say our last goodbyes.

Doctor then decides that they want to make sure the pneumonia is first taken care of, then take her off the respirator.

I know in a way just prolonging the inevitable, but I can see the point that they want to give the BEST chance of breathing on her own when they take out the tube...

Tonight was/is hard... probably bringing out some feelings and other stuff that I repressed from my mom's passing just over a year ago..

The only comfort was knowing that yesterday, I asked my grandma if she wanted to see my grandpa and my mom.. she blinked and nodded.. I asked her if she wanted to go to heaven.. she nodded and blinked again.... prayed with her, and asked for mercy on her soul (even though she couldn't speak and verbally acknowledge).....

2. May 8, 2014 at 12:50 AM
    holyfield19

holyfield19 GO TIGERS!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD Sport 4X4
    Busted CV boots and lots of squeaks.
    Wow. Prayers sent your way, for you and your family.

3. May 8, 2014 at 2:34 AM
    coffeesnob

coffeesnob Well-Known Member

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 access 4 cyl 2 wd
    God Bless!

4. May 8, 2014 at 11:26 AM
    Joe D

Joe D .

Member:
    Prayers and thoughts for you and your loved ones.

5. May 8, 2014 at 11:35 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Prayer sent!

6. May 8, 2014 at 11:45 AM
    unentered

unentered Son of Baconator

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    DCLB4x4MGM
    OME 886/Dakar, ARE CX, AMS Filter, WT Mats, 255/85/16s
    I feel for you man...
    I was deployed (Feb 2013) when my Mother told me via satellite phone about my Memére (grandmother). She had constant fluid filling her lungs and was fading fast, and only had a few days at most left here on earth. The news didn't even sink in until my next meal on the ship which just happened to be Memére's favorite meal to make, (because it was also her favorite to eat) shepherd's pie. The realization that I was losing a great family member, friend, mentor, idol, and whatnot then hit me, and I wasn't going to be able to be there to help my family through it. My Mom devoted every friday to Memére, taking her to get her hair done, out to lunch to a lobster roll, and then chatting or watching television together, Fridays are now a reminder of loss and emptiness for my Mom, and that's what hit me the hardest, feeling sorrow for my Mother's loss.
    After the meal I had to take some time to myself, just sit and look at the ocean and reminisce, it was nice.
    I visited my hometown after my deployment when I got married. I was able to visit her grave and say my goodbye. She'll always be missed.

Very sorry for your loss, hard times, and what you and your family are going through, remember the good times. Even though we've never met, you're in my thoughts, take care. Jake

7. May 8, 2014 at 11:56 AM
    abarber11

abarber11 Well-Known Member

Member:
    ATX
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB
    Thoughts to you

To Top