1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

K&N cold air intake

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by 06BLUEDBLSPORT, May 10, 2008.

1. May 10, 2008 at 10:29 PM
    06BLUEDBLSPORT

06BLUEDBLSPORT [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Fort Wayne Indiana
    Vehicle:
    12 Tundra DC SR5 4x4 5.7L
    True Dual Flowmaster 40 Series exhaust, Volant CAI, HIDs, Raptor series Side Steps, Weathertech Floorliners, OME 613 Shocks and Coils with Diff Drop, Rear Bilstein 5100 Shocks, ToyTec AAL, Fearless Fabrication Front Bumper
    I just recently got my K&N cold air intake 77series system when i noticed that my truck started to rattle. I check the engine and took of the engine cover because that was put on their wrong and did not fit well anymore, so i thought i fixed the problem when i took it for a drive around the neighborhood. My truck only rattled when i was stopped in Drive, so i stopped and here the rattle. I got out and checked the engine and did not hear a rattle but when i got into the cab again i heard the rattle, COMING FROM THE PASSENGER SIDE OF THE DASHBOARD!! If anyone knows that the rattleing is please tell me. i checked the stuff in the glove compartment and still i heard a rattle, so i am worried and now wish i had the stock intake on (the new one arrived damaged and i think is causing the rattle)

2. May 10, 2008 at 10:34 PM
    Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Rocklin, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2001 prerunner doublecab limited
    2001 with; cat-back side-swept twin exhaust, elbow mod, Westin bullbar with Hella 450 driving lights, Snugtop XTR camper shell, TRD off-road 2x4-black beauty.
    Not a big deal Pal- your original air intake has an extension that went from the original airbox into the PASSENGER side fender and extended all the way back towards the passenger side door. Do you think that piece may still be knokking around in there 'cause it's not fastened anymore? I hope that's what it is:)

3. May 10, 2008 at 10:39 PM
    06BLUEDBLSPORT

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Fort Wayne Indiana
    Vehicle:
    True Dual Flowmaster 40 Series exhaust, Volant CAI, HIDs, Raptor series Side Steps, Weathertech Floorliners, OME 613 Shocks and Coils with Diff Drop, Rear Bilstein 5100 Shocks, ToyTec AAL, Fearless Fabrication Front Bumper
    Me too but i took that piece out for good untill i can go back up to the place that installed my intake and have them move the pipe more inward so the cover fits perfectly becasue when i popped the hood that thing was just jamed on there. i became up set with my taco for the first time (in a way) because the intakes not working and on a side not i missed the turning of 21000 (i bought the truck with 19997 on it, first thousand miles i put on it lol) i might take my truck to the dealership

4. May 10, 2008 at 10:51 PM
    Ridgerunner

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Rocklin, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2001 with; cat-back side-swept twin exhaust, elbow mod, Westin bullbar with Hella 450 driving lights, Snugtop XTR camper shell, TRD off-road 2x4-black beauty.
    Gees well I hope you find that trouble...I just can't see how your dash would be affected-unless it was a coincidence:(

5. May 10, 2008 at 11:08 PM
    06BLUEDBLSPORT

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Fort Wayne Indiana
    Vehicle:
    yeah its killing me not knowing whats going on with my tacoma, o and if u have a chance to buy an intake system BUY ONE. so awesome, lots of power

6. May 12, 2008 at 10:57 AM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    check where the intake tube goes into the hole of the heat shield. mine was rubbing right there. all i did was pull it over and it stayed put, but i'm going to go back and put something soft around the hole to keep it from rubbing if it happens to move back again

7. May 12, 2008 at 11:19 AM
    06BLUEDBLSPORT

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Fort Wayne Indiana
    Vehicle:
    yeah I checked that, and what I noticed was when I turn the engine on the engine like shifts or twists over to the same side the pipe is on and I thought it hit that sheila but it didnt. Oh by the way I think the rattle was the screwdriver in my glove box LOL, once moved the driver no more rattle so far =)

8. May 12, 2008 at 11:31 AM
    Ridgerunner

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Rocklin, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    Aint that a kick in the ass!!!! Glad it was nothing:thumbsup:

9. May 12, 2008 at 11:47 AM
    06BLUEDBLSPORT

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Fort Wayne Indiana
    Vehicle:
    HAHA yeah me too!! Now the only problem is that the engine cover doesn't fit =/

10. May 13, 2008 at 8:28 PM
    Playz

Playz Pepsi

Member:
    Whittier
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport 4x4
    Flowmaster muffler, KandN intake
    I put my intake back on and it fits perfect. No rattle no rubbing nothing. PERFECT Guess I was a lucky one.

11. May 13, 2008 at 8:34 PM
    06BLUEDBLSPORT

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Fort Wayne Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Trade ya, my pipe is damage those bastards sold me a damaged part

12. May 13, 2008 at 8:34 PM
    06BLUEDBLSPORT

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Fort Wayne Indiana
    Vehicle:
    but i cant complain because it works great

Products Discussed in

To Top