1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

K&N series 63 vs. 77 air intakes

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by wildforager, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Feb 9, 2010 at 9:02 PM
    wildforager

wildforager [OP] Active Member

Member:
    What is the difference between the K&N 77 Series MEtal Intake Kit and the K&N 63 Series AirCharger High-Flow Intake Kit? I read the descriptions, but still don't really understand what the differences are.

I am looking for a bump in power on my 2010 Taco, which one would give me the most.

Thanks.

2. Mar 1, 2010 at 6:09 PM
    Definitive

Definitive "Enjoying Life"

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Annapolis
    Vehicle:
    '10 Tacoma MGM 4x4 TRD Sport
    K & N 63 Series Intake, TRD "Quickshifter", ScanGauge 2
    IMO, the only difference is that the "aluminum" has better 'under the hood' looks and possibly, because it is machined, it MAY BE smoother than the Series 63. But, that difference is immeasurable .

Also, I believe K & N even mentions on their site, something about achieving that 'look.'

P.S = If you do purchase the intake, check out the vendor "Car Parts" on eBay beforehand. I got a great deal on my 63 Series for my '10 Taco :)

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  3. Dec 12, 2011 at 4:57 PM
    moblarkus

moblarkus Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    '06 Black Sand Pearl TRD Off-Road
    Satoshi grille, All-pro bumper, Allpro UCA's, Walker Evans coilovers, 10" Lightforce Blitz, PIAA 510's,Magnaflow cat-back, K&N CAI, Revtec rear blocks. TSB leafs, Firestone Ride-Rite air springs, Hopkins Agility brake controller.
    The 77 has an aluminum tube, the 63 has a plastic tube. 77 refers I believe to the mm diameter of the intake tube as well as the 63. The plastic tube will insulate the charge air better than the polished aluminum tube as it sits directly above the exhaust manifold and cat on the right side of the motor. Colder charge air = denser air which means more O2 for your displacement. But the best part is the way an un-baffled intake sounds! Especially over 3k!

4. Feb 1, 2019 at 2:53 PM
    grubburg

grubburg Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD OR MT
    K & N Intake, Gibson Catback (chopped), Weathertech floormats, 285/70/17 Ridge Grapplers, Black Rhino Glamis wheels, Kicker Key, Kicker Hideaway, Infiniti Speakers, OV Tune, 888's, 5100s X 4, HS 3-leaf, LR SPC UCAs, Diff Drop, Carrier Bearing Drop, OEM Bed Mat, Morimoto HID low beams, Morimoto LED 2 Stroke High Beams, KC 336 LED bar, KC C3 LED pods for rear, KC LED 6'' SlimLites ditch lights, N-Fab Steps, Auxbeam Interior Blue Lights, 7r41lbr34k3r Shift Knob, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Diode Dynamics SAE Pro Fogs, Cali Raised ditch light brackets, hidden light bar brackets, tailgate light brackets.
    Yeah i'm not sure why the 77 is $50 more. Wouldn't the plastic stay cooler?

Products Discussed in

To Top