1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Keep overload spring or not? HS 3 leaf pack

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by hilltaco, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Jul 2, 2017 at 5:20 PM
    hilltaco

hilltaco [OP] New Member

Member:
    I picked up the OME 888 preassembled with OME sports in the back and HS 3 leaf pack a few weeks ago for 2016 OR DC. I put the front on with no issues and got stopped with the back d/t my inability to remove the shock. I never got passed removing the first shock after 2 hours in this 90 degree humid GA heat so I said screw it. A local shop offered to install it and do a total alignment for 150 so I'm just gonna do that. Question is should I keep the overload spring in or remove it? I have settled to 23.5 inches center hub to fender in the front and 21.5 in the back after the front lift. I will occasionally once or twice a year tow a trailer but mostly be empty in the back. This is my daily driver and plan on taking it wheeling in the N.Ga mountains occasionally. Other than making the ride softer is there any advantages to taking the overload out? Thanks.
    In case you are wondering what kept me removing the shock is that I ran out of purchase at the top to keep the shock from spinning. Hell reversing it to get it back on.

2. Jul 2, 2017 at 8:20 PM
    Broheim

Broheim Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Off-Road
    I have the HS 3 leaf aal in the rear with overload and it sits at exactly 24"
    I use extended fox 2.0 shocks in the rear with it. I'm also at 23.5" up front and the truck looks perfect...maybe a hair of slight forward rake. Just enough.
    I actually adjusted my coilovers this afternoon so I did lots of measuring.
    The ride is just right...little tight but I wouldn't change it. Plus the overload gives you that little extra height.

hilltaco[OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top