1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

keyless entry + prefomance

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Firetacoma112, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Jul 19, 2007 at 8:31 PM
    Firetacoma112

Firetacoma112 [OP] New Member

Member:
    i have just got a 02 3.4 v6 double cab tacoma prerunner sr5 . it is fantastic. had it for one day and love it. it is missing some things though.

i wish to put a keyless entry system in.

any sugestions?

also i am going put a cool air intake and a cat-back system in it.

any brand recomedations

also a 3 inch suspension lift kit sugestions

thanks

2. Jul 19, 2007 at 8:46 PM
    humanoid

humanoid bite me

Member:
    Sunny SoCal
    Vehicle:
    I had a '99 Xtra Cab PreRunner SR5 V6
    Welcome to TW! Keyless entry: you can always go to a local/neighborhood mom and pop audio store and have one installed there or you can get a factory OEM one, but it only comes as a package with the alarm. I believe it's called the VIP Alarm.

CAI: not really worth the $200 or so. Do the deckplate mod and you'll get the same performance for a fraction of the price. Deckplate mod link: http://www.customtacos.com/tech/index.php?article=85

Lift kits: What's your budget? Many go with the Revtek or Toytech spacers in the front and new leaf packs ,like Deaver, Alcan, or Dakar, or shackles or AALs for the rear. If you have money burning a hole in your pocket, you can get replacement coilovers in the front like Sway-A-Ways, King, Donahoe or Camburg and these coilovers run anywhere from $700-$1100 for the 'Hoes and can get you 1"-3" of lift.

Below is a link to a beginner's guide to lifting. Hope this all helps you out.

http://www.customtacos.com/tech/index.php?article=137

3. Jul 21, 2007 at 10:22 AM
    Firetacoma112

Firetacoma112 [OP] New Member

Member:
    i read the deckplate mod but i dont think it is for me i mostly drive on the street but i live in florida and the amound of rain and stuff in the air makes it
    not the best solution. i found a k&n intake and gibson twin cat back system
    i will have them installed.

an i will loke at the toytech lift thanks

4. Jul 21, 2007 at 10:32 AM
    humanoid

humanoid bite me

Member:
    Sunny SoCal
    Vehicle:
    I had a '99 Xtra Cab PreRunner SR5 V6
    Rain will not get in the air box. We had monsoonal rain a few years back and the filter stayed dry throughout the whole rainy season. If I were you I would really reconsider the K&N intake. The oiled gauze type filter will do more harm than good, trust me on this.

Products Discussed in

To Top