1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Keyless not working after stereo install

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by petejoe43, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Dec 7, 2012 at 6:44 PM
    petejoe43

petejoe43 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    TacoMania
    SE-TN
    Vehicle:
    09 Pre-Runner/Supercharged
    TRD Supercharger, Illegal Tint, Remote Start, Nerf Bars, Leather Seats, Audio System w/sat, DVD, I-phone integration, Bilstien 5100's fr/rr.
    :(I bought a Double Din Kenwood DVD head unit, XM/Sirius sat radio module, steering control interface, and park brake bypass. Anyway, I took the unit and the Tacoma to my local installer. Everything went well, with the exception of a few scratches on the dash from carelessness. Anyway, this is day two after the install and everything has been flawless until I got back to work from lunch this afternoon. I used the OE keyless remote to lock the truck as usual, but when I went to leave this afternoon the remote did nothing when I tried it. Lock/Unlock, panic button, none of it works. My guess is it's related to the radio installation. Oh yea, I did replace the remote battery with a brand new one just in case....no change. Has anyone experienced anything like this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Patrick:confused::confused::confused:
    Okay, I just went through the reprogramming procedure to no avail. The procedure was successful because the locks cycled at the end, but after pushing the buttons together....nothing. I'm thinking that the new radio/satellite/steering control interface had something to do with it. Truck has remote start but no issues before radio instal......H...E...L...P!!

2. Dec 7, 2012 at 8:14 PM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 F-250 Powerstroke
    Um, that is wierd.

At first I would say something is with your immobilizer, but that would still allow you to unlock.

Pull your dash back apart, pull the radio outward a bit and see if it works again. It really sounds like its unrelated though. If it worked for the first day, then something could have crossed behind the dash.... pulling the radio out a bit should alleviate stress enough to restore signals. If not, I vote unrelated.

3. Dec 8, 2012 at 5:10 AM
    kevinsc

kevinsc 2012 dbl cab 4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    kevin
    Lexington, south carolina
    Vehicle:
    12 4x4 dbl cab
    chrome on front painted to match, satoshi grill done by myself, BHLM, billys all the way around with ome springs upfront and LR ucas with wheelers 3 leaf progressive pack in the rear, mb gunner wheels powdercoated black on 285/75r16 nitto trail grapplers, tinted all the way around and on windshield, pioneer dbl din touch screen with two 10's behing the seat and new speakers all the way around and certain interior parts painted to match, also have a road wire leather kit black with red stitching sitting here waiting for me to find time to install it!
    ^^^ agreed we have installed tons of radios in the tacomas at my shop including two of my own.. and never had an issue like this? the keyless should have nothing to do with the radio but that being said i would take it back to the shop and get them to pull the radio and just see? just throwing something out there that sounds stupid but is the hazard switch area where the key/car flashes right under the radio still flashing? that might not have been plugged in all the way and could have moved out enough to not be making contact? because i know doing my alarm in the 12' my tech had to tap into something behind there to bypass/work with the factory alarm/keyless... hope this helps let me know..

4. Dec 9, 2012 at 3:43 AM
    petejoe43

petejoe43 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    TacoMania
    SE-TN
    Vehicle:
    09 Pre-Runner/Supercharged
    TRD Supercharger, Illegal Tint, Remote Start, Nerf Bars, Leather Seats, Audio System w/sat, DVD, I-phone integration, Bilstien 5100's fr/rr.
    Thanks for the advice. The only reason I'm leaning toward the radio install is that it's the last electrical mod made. Before the install there were no issues. I will make a follow up post after I drop the truck at the RadioClinic. Thanks.....:)

Products Discussed in

To Top