1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

kids throwing rocks at truck.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by bobwilson1977, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Mar 16, 2009 at 11:36 AM
    bobwilson1977

bobwilson1977 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    KaliFORN-I-A
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma 2WD ( pizza delivery model)
    none except for crappy hub caps and floor mats.
    Well, not mine anyway. I was helping a neighbor who's old truck had a bad battery. I went with her to get a new one, stuck it in the truck, and was driving back home when we passed by a couple of 5 or 6 year old kids who started pelting the truck with rocks! What the hell! Needless to say the parents got a talking to from the owner.

All I know is that my folks would've given me bloody hell had I done anything like that when I was little. Kids these days...

2. Mar 16, 2009 at 11:42 AM
    thecoldone06

thecoldone06 Well-Known Member

Member:
    My wife and I were driving around in my Jeep looking for houses one day and this kid on the side of the road threw a rock deliberately at us. Nailed the side. I pulled over and got out ( i think the kid about shit his pants) and asked where his parents were. There was a neighbor outside and she started saying that he won't do it again (she probably thought i was going to kick his ass) After that I went on with my day, but what the hell is up with kids these days?

3. Mar 16, 2009 at 11:45 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I'm an asshole...I'd prolly throw a rock back. and then go bawl the kids parents out for letting him play near the road un-supervised and the ding in my truck.

4. Mar 16, 2009 at 11:48 AM
    senor taco

senor taco ROLLIN ON RUST

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Monterey Bay, Ca
    Vehicle:
    O7 Tacoma PreRunner SR5
    17in fj cruiser wheels satoshi grille with devil horns emblem Single in double out 50 series flowmaster with stainless tips Kenwod ddx512 double din touch screen DVD reciver with a single Rockford fosgate 12 in sub with an alpine amp tinted tail and third break light silverstar head and fog lights k&n drop in Billy 5100's on all 4 corners with a 2"AAL
    When I was a kid my friend threw somthing at a car while hiding in the bushes and the driver slammed on the breaks ran out the car and tackeled him down the side of a dirt hill he probaly never did that again LOL

5. Mar 16, 2009 at 12:02 PM
    Dilsky

Dilsky There go my nipples again!

Member:
    First Name:
    Shawn
    Edmonton AB
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport
    2.5" Fox Extendable Coilovers, LR UCAs, Agri-Cover Larado soft top, Pop'n Lock, 48" Hi-Lift Jack, 20" Incubus Offroad rims
    On our way to a hockey game one time me and two buds were in riding with our coach and a couple of kids threw snoballs at our truck as we were driving down a hill. Well, coach slammed on the brakes and we bailed out and needless to say the little punks didn't get far!

6. Mar 16, 2009 at 12:05 PM
    BulletToothTony

BulletToothTony You’ll have that on these big jobs.

Member:
    First Name:
    You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
  7. Mar 16, 2009 at 12:10 PM
    Toy4Life

Toy4Life 668: The Neighbor of the Beast

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Slippery Rock, PA
    Vehicle:
    96 Subaru Outback 2.2 5mt
    92 4Runner SR5 3.0v6 4x4(sold) 02 Tacoma SR5 TRD Offroad 4x4 (sold)
    My 5 year old son wouldn't get the opportunity to do something like that....Having said that, I got in trouble for vandalism when I was 7. When talking about a 5 or 6 year old, the questions need to be directed to the parents. I know of a couple(boys) in my son's pre-school class that make me wonder WTF.

8. Mar 16, 2009 at 12:47 PM
    NumNutz

NumNutz One of the original 7928

Member:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma 4x4 - Kings, TC, Dakars, broken stuff
    Lots.
    Sorry but I loved throwing snowballs at cars when I was younger. Most people didn't care so we kept doing it until this one guy pulled out a shotgun. THEN we stopped.

9. Mar 16, 2009 at 1:11 PM
    gdctaco

gdctaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    georgetown, ont
    Vehicle:
    06 access cab 4x4 O/R
    rr diff mod in-cab 110
    ya i did the same thing, never got any guns pulled on us though :eek:

10. Mar 16, 2009 at 1:16 PM
    cole47

cole47 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cole
    Hickory NC
    Vehicle:
    Ray of Sunshine
    lift, wheels, tires
    a kid shot my old truck (97 powerstroke f250) with a bb gun last year....the truck smoked like crazy so i went back the next day and he was laying under the leaves in the ditch with the same bbgun.....thats when i filled the lil turds lungs up with diesel smoke :thumbsup:

11. Mar 16, 2009 at 1:28 PM
    MotoXFreeStyle61

MotoXFreeStyle61 Displaced Texan

Member:
    San Antonio TX
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5 4Cyl, Access Cab, 5
    Black Head Light Mod, Tacoma All Weather Mats, ScanGauge II, Tonnaeu Bed Cover, 40% Tint, Added Fog Lights, 600W x 1 Alpine MRP-M650 Amp, Alpine 10" Type-R SWR-1022D Sub, Secondary Air Filter Removed, Day Time Running Lights, K&N Drop In Air Filter (oiled), Westin Bullbar (Black Powder), Alpine IVA-W505 w/Nav, JL Audio 6.5" Front Speakers, Toyota SR5 Seat Covers, 2.5" Toytec Spacer
    My detachment commander told us a story of when he was stationed in Germany. Couple of kids of whose parents were in the Airforce thought it would be funny to drop rocks from a bridge onto cars on the freeway. Well, they ended up killing a lady who was driving. Fromt what I know, the kids were prosecuted under German law and are serving a hefty sentence in a German prison.

12. Mar 16, 2009 at 1:31 PM
    Snipe

Snipe Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pacific NW
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off Road
    It's not the kids these days it's the parents, most have no clue what parenting is about.
    Today the parenting is left up to the teenage daycare workers, then the preschool workers, then the kindergarten teachers, then the elementary school teachers and so on.

We lost any form of true punishment and accountability when someone first came up with the phrase "Time Out"

13. Mar 16, 2009 at 1:36 PM
    petersharp

petersharp Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Do you need to ask?! It's up there ^
    Louisville, CO
    Vehicle:
    Ex DC LB Sport owner.
    I was rolling some apples under car wheels one time, trying to time it so they'd get squashed. One car stopped, looked at me and I nearly sh@t myself. This was about as bad a boy as I ever was!

14. Mar 16, 2009 at 1:37 PM
    thecoldone06

thecoldone06 Well-Known Member

Member:
    That's the truth.

15. Mar 16, 2009 at 1:42 PM
    Hotdog

Hotdog My hair is all natural Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Wet Okole Underwear
    if I ever find some dog turds in my yard and the dog owner happens to be driving by, you can believe that he'll have some turds on his truck. Those little dachsand poops are small enough to hide in the grass, but big enough to get stuck on my shoes.

16. Mar 16, 2009 at 1:48 PM
    bobwilson1977

bobwilson1977 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    KaliFORN-I-A
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma 2WD ( pizza delivery model)
    none except for crappy hub caps and floor mats.
    I was no angel either. I remember going to a Halloween party when I was 13 and setting up things in the street for people to run over. We put lots of bottles of kool-aid, Halloween candy, and sticks all over the place. A few cars stopped and were pretty pissed.

The worst thing I did was at the same kid's house, but it was sort of an accident. My friend's Uncle gave him a set of golf clubs and a box of golf balls. Kind of a dumb idea since he lived in a subdivision. But we were out in his front yard hitting golf balls as hard as we could ( ya I know- stupid!) But anyway, I hit one pretty hard and it hit a van going by and put a pretty nice ding in it. The guy didn't care since it was a crappy company van already full of dents, but he told us to stop being retards.

17. Mar 16, 2009 at 2:29 PM
    OU812

OU812 ban the term murdered out

Member:
    First Name:
    danusa
    Kilroy was here
    Vehicle:
    13 DblCab LB 4X4
    Nothing yet, brand new!
    I was a menace as a kid. :cool: One day my cousin and I were up in a tree. He had an egg with him and he climbed onto a branch that overlooked a county road. He let it go onto a passing car. Well the car was a State Trooper. :eek: Needless to say the Trooper was not amused. He told us to get down from the tree. Then he dragged us by our ears and threw us in the back of the car and took us home. The trooper was one of my father's best friends and I got one heck of a whooping that night. So did my cousin. Lesson learned..

18. Mar 16, 2009 at 3:24 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    One winter I recall me and my friends throwing snowballs at school busses. It got old and we stopped. I can't remember if we threw rocks at cars. I remember one of my friends threw a boulder through a city bus window. He meant to hit the side of the bus, but nailed the glass on the rear door.

Yeah...we're stupid, and looking back we should have gotten our asses beaten.

19. Mar 16, 2009 at 3:36 PM
    Gr8WhiteTaco

Gr8WhiteTaco bishes love my haircut

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    SOLD 02 Double Cab TRD 4x4
    2005 Mazda 3S hatchback
    Yeah i hate when kids do this. One day when i was leaving bible study at a friends house, some of the lil punks thought it would be funny to nail my trucks with gravel. One of em left a considerable ding in my tailgate. Lets just say that if i wasnt 18, I would a laid em out.

20. Mar 16, 2009 at 3:55 PM
    blake1012

blake1012 Go Braves!

Member:
    First Name:
    Chazz Michael Michaels
    Duluth, GA
    Vehicle:
    2003 ext cab. tacoma.
    8000k HID's, Weathertech Digital Fit floor liners, Rhino Lined bed, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart wheels, bull bar, step rails, Redline Tuning hood struts, low profile tool box
    We were driving in my wifes car one day and there was 3 punk ass kids that threw rocks in front of us....one hit the car so i stopped.

they ran around back while i knocked on the door....i told the dad and attempted to show him the ding, but he didnt give a shit. we got into a heated argument bc all he said was..."kids will be kids...get over it.."

I responded by walking away, picking up a rock and threw it 95 mph into the side of his bmw. he just stood there speechless as i drove off.

Products Discussed in

To Top