1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Kimber Pro carry vs Kimber Ultra Carry

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by 4cyltacoma, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Sep 16, 2009 at 2:55 PM
    4cyltacoma

4cyltacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Reagan
    Fresno, Ca
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma SR5 4Cyl 4x4
    AFE CAI, Black Housed Headlights, In Channel Window Visor, Bug Deflector, Black Side Step Tubes, Blacked out emblems
    ill check it out thanks.

2. Sep 19, 2009 at 9:50 PM
    bermise

bermise Well-Known Member

Member:
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD off road
    Total chaos spindles, Total chaos heim joint uca's, Icon E/T coilovers, Icon reservoir shocks, custom Deaver 10 leaf pack, 285/70/17 Cooper STT
    I have a Kimber SIS 5 inch and could not be happier. It is the most accurate pistol I have ever shot. Whoever told you that Kimber's are not good pistols any more, is a moron. Unless you want to fork over $2,500+ for a custom Ed Brown 1911, go with a Kimber.

3. Sep 22, 2009 at 11:42 PM
    4cyltacoma

4cyltacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Reagan
    Fresno, Ca
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma SR5 4Cyl 4x4
    AFE CAI, Black Housed Headlights, In Channel Window Visor, Bug Deflector, Black Side Step Tubes, Blacked out emblems
    my brother and his co workers said so. he bought one and he loves it but it jammed on him a couple of times and something when wrong with the spring. My brother is a cop so he said man what would of happened if i was stuck in a shoot out with this kimber cause he carrys it instead of the issued glock. so idk i heard that kimber is still a good gun but as the yrs passed thw quality of the guns are getting lower and not as good as they used to be.

4. Sep 22, 2009 at 11:51 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    from what ive heard...Kimbers are very reliable...when you buy high quality ammo...they arent so reliable when you buy cheap ammo...

as far as 1911s go...theyre hard to beat unless you get into the big $$ stuff

my roommate has a couple different Kimbers and i love shooting them :thumbsup:

i still fall back on my Glocks though

5. Nov 30, 2009 at 1:47 AM
    bikerjim

bikerjim New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Bullhead City, AZ
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4
    I have the Ultra carry 3" barrel and have carried it all day many times and back and forth across country on a motorcycle. Very concealable and comfortable. It also shoots extremely well. For self-protection your target will usually be within 10 yards....you can shoot their eyes out.

6. Nov 30, 2009 at 2:57 AM
    SManZ

SManZ Sold the Taco in June 2020

Member:
    Fauquier County, VA
    Vehicle:
    Current, 2020 Ford Super Duty Tremor, Previously 2010 Supercharged 4x4 Tacoma Sport 6-spd
    TRD Supercharger, King 2.5" extended travel remote-resi coilovers, OME Dakar leaf packs, King 2.5" extended travel rear shocks, Total Chaos UCAs, MBRP turndown exhaust, TRD intake, TRD Quickshifter, Goodridge SS brake lines, EBC Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, TRD FJ Cruiser Special Edition 16" Anthracite Rims, Spidertrax wheel spacers, 265/75R16 A/T, Autometer oil pressure, oil temp gauges, TRD boost gauge, PLX DM-100 OBD II scanner, flexpod mounts, A-pillar gauge pods
    +1 on the 4" or longer barrel length. I owned a Springfield 3" and it was nothing but problems. The two-piece recoil spring in the 3" models is not as stout as the one piece guide rods on the 4"+ models. I've shot apart two of the 3" springs at the range.

If you like the short grip of the Ultra, consider the Compact size. It is an Ultra size grip with a 4" barrel. I currently carry a Kimber Compact CDP II. The pistol most similar to what you're looking at is the Compact Stainless II;

http://www.kimberamerica.com/products/pistols/compactprocarry/compact_stainless_II/

The Compact CDP II is the only other pistol available from Kimber in this size and its an excellent option if you want all the bells and whistles.
    http://www.kimberamerica.com/products/pistols/cdp/compact_cdp_II/

Products Discussed in

To Top