1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

King Coilover w/ NON-adjustable compression VS. adjustable compression

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by dallas24, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Dec 27, 2012 at 6:48 PM
    dallas24

dallas24 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dallas
    Chandler
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 DC/LB Sport
    Borla Cat-back exhaust, K&N CAI, Airaid TBS, 17" KMC XD Revolvers, 6" Pro Comp suspension lift, Xenon headlights and foglights, King Coilovers with TC UCAs, shackle flip with Alcans and 14" King Bypass shocks, grillecraft grille, Stubbs Rubicon rock sliders, complete aftermarket stereo system with two 12" subs, smoked taillights, 30" Rigid light bar, Rigid D2 fogs, Rigid Dually reverse lights.
    I recently purchased a pair of King coilovers with remote resis from 4WP (maybe a mistake) and I gave them the part number for the compression adjuster option, which is around $300 more. I have a 6" lift so the CO's were special order and non-returnable. When they came they were the non compression adjustable model. I didn't know this until after they had already installed them. When I asked them about it, because I thought I had paid for the adjustable version, they showed me that I had actually only paid the price for the non adjustable version.

My question is would I notice much of a difference if I had the option to adjust the compression to the softest when city driving and harder for off road use? And is the factory set compression on the non adjustables generally set to somewhere in the middle of the compression range? Thanks for your help!

Products Discussed in

To Top