1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Kitchen Faucet Help

Discussion in 'Garage / Workshop' started by opentibfib, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Mar 11, 2020 at 3:28 PM
    opentibfib

opentibfib [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dustin
    Central Texas
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB TRD OR
    I have a single handle kitchen faucet with a pull-out head that’s driving me crazy. It suddenly started having issues one day with water pressure. The pressure will vary (mostly low) just by turning it off and on. Sometimes it will be normal flow and pressure, but I can turn it off and on right then and the flow and pressure will suddenly be really low. Kind of like something is obstructing the flow but it’s able to move around slightly and depending on how it’s sitting the flow and pressure varies.

I removed the head and aerator and cleaned it with vinegar to get all the scale out. That wasn’t it (I tested with the head removed and it does the same thing). I replaced the cartridge with a brand new one. I removed the check valve assembly and cleaned it and removed any debris. I removed the cartridge to test the flow straight from the hot and cold ports and both seemed fine.

Please help before I smash the whole thing with a sledge hammer!

2. Mar 12, 2020 at 8:43 PM
    opentibfib

opentibfib [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dustin
    Central Texas
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB TRD OR
    Got it fixed. I guess there was junk either in the copper line in the faucet or the hose in the faucet. Blew both out with compressed air and now it works fine. Hopefully helps someone in the future.

06Tacooo, TK-422 and whatstcp like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top