1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Knock sensor code P0325 & P0330

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by tacomatrd22, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Oct 4, 2016 at 7:58 PM
    tacomatrd22

tacomatrd22 [OP] TRD SuperCharged Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Fort Smith, AR
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged tacoma
    FlowMaster Super 44 2" lift Gray wire Fog light
    I don't know where the bundle of wire that wraps together that goes to the ECU that's on top of your engine is but I would look around there to see any signs of chewed up wiring.

2. Oct 4, 2016 at 8:00 PM
    tacomatrd22

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Fort Smith, AR
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged tacoma
    I was thinking about doing that but I decided to just go OEM. But I'm surprised they work for taking the original spot of the OEM ones.

3. Oct 4, 2016 at 8:11 PM
    ThunderCookies

ThunderCookies This is the Wait

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    5100s at 2.5 setting up front 5100s with 2" AAL around back TC Uniball UCAs 285/70/17 Fierce Attitude M/T SCS Ray 10s 17” 14" Magnaflow w/3.5" Stainless Tip SOS aluminum armor front bumper SOS high clearance rear bumper Stealth grill light bar and pods 4" Westin Nerf Bars Weathertech in-channel visors Window tint Bed Mat Proven Ground Locking Roll-Up Tonneau Cover All-weather rubber floor mats Custom Wolfpack TRD Decal TOYOTA Vintage Tailgate Decal 4 Wheel Drive vintage decal Tailgate Anti-Theft Mod Bed Mat Anti-Theft Mod Sliding back glass Anti-Theft Mod Future Mods: Bedside bottle opener Bedside storage lock/key mod Bed pod lights
    I'll give it another look tomorrow. I drove it around tonight and the light wasn't on and never came on so idk what is going on. We had a gas shortage over here a couple weeks ago so I'm going to ride out this tank and add a can of sea foam (and maybe bump up to 89 instead of the usual 87) to my next to see if it just had some bad fuel run through before I start taking stuff apart:notsure:

4. Oct 4, 2016 at 8:16 PM
    tacomatrd22

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Fort Smith, AR
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged tacoma
    Could be one or the other or could be both. Sounds like the knock sensor is starting to fail or the wiring harness is losing connection from being so old. I would drive the truck around for a little while and bring the RPM's up to 4K and see what happens. When I cleared my code it wouldn't come back on until I start going over 2K RPMS

5. Oct 4, 2016 at 9:00 PM
    kylehirsch87

kylehirsch87 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Vehicle:
    99 tacoma ext cab TRD
    Supercharged, cold air intake
    I replaced my wire harness and still had the CEL on. When I removed the old harness, all the connections crumpled in my fingers. Dug in there the other day and checked all connections and it looked like I may have had a little to much dielectric grease on the connection. Went for a test drive and the motor seemed stronger than its felt in a long time. So I may have solved the problem. Time will tell. If it keeps coming on, Ill have to buckle down, buy factory sensors and be done with it. Even though it cuts into the budget. Ready to wheel this thing!!!

6. Nov 9, 2016 at 7:21 PM
    kylehirsch87

kylehirsch87 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Vehicle:
    99 tacoma ext cab TRD
    Supercharged, cold air intake
    Has anyone bought from this site? I'm wondering if they are actual Toyota parts. I called the dealership yesterday and they wanted an outrageous $245 a knock sensor.

7. Nov 9, 2016 at 7:47 PM
    tacomatrd22

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Fort Smith, AR
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged tacoma
    By the looks of the first sensor it says the company that makes it is matsushita. I wouldn't take a bet on that. Just buy from the website that's posted on the first site. Its almost the same price and that's the the usual price for the sensor.

8. Mar 2, 2017 at 5:54 PM
    tonymhouts

tonymhouts Active Member

Member:
    Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    97 Toyota Tacoma
    low profile front/rear bumper, coil overs, 3 inch lift.
    So I understand most issues people have with knock sensors is the connectors crumble after a while, but this the connectors that connect to the sensors themselves and not the ECU correct? So my issue is I have found that the opposite end of the connectors are not plugged in, have no connectors on them so three lead wires are just hanging and I can't find anywhere these would even plug in at. This weekend I am replacing the heads, so While I'm in the area, I figure hoping someone can help me and tell me where on the EECU harness these would plug in at.

9. Mar 4, 2017 at 12:03 AM
    1997tacomav6

1997tacomav6 V6 5sp,RegCab,TRD Supercharger,Haltech,meth, 750k

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    97 reg cab, v6 5sp 300hp supercharged, Methonal Injection, 750,001 plus miles, Original Owner
    V6 5sp,RegCab,TRD Supercharger, 1.9” pulley, methanol injected Haltech ECU, AC TRD supercharger,(MUST DO) TRD supercharger ported, every 125,000- 150,000 needs rebuild Projector headlights HID 5 speed manual Amsoil for all drive train Smaller 2” pulley, (MUST DO) 2004 DESNO fuel injectors, zero ping ping, 2004 side door mirrors Dick Cepek Rims, Michelin tires LTX, ( that last 100,000 miles) Now running Dynopro ATM mud and snow tires KN cold air intake Cat back exhaust with ss exhaust tip, Raised exhaust tail pipe to 2" below body line Optima*dry cell battery,red top Alpine sirius radio, 200 watt amp, focal is165 split door pod speakers Focal door speakers Subwoffer behind seat Viper alarm, Electric Locks Dark tinted windows, bucket seats corbeau lg1 Tacoma Rubber floor mats TRD fender extenders, Bilstien shocks, King shocks nerf bars, add a leaf for rear springs trailer iv hitch, electric brake control, Drilled slotted brakes, High carbon steel (MUST DO) EBS green stuff 7000 series pads(MUST DO) TRD engine oil cap TRD stick shift, Marlin crawl shift kit. Rear sliding window 2002 4Runner functional hood scoop cut into Tacoma hood, 4Runner dual overhead map light Gentex Auto dim + Compass + Temp, garage,rearview mirror Snow Methonal kit stage 2 Custom 3 core aluminum radiator Linex bed liner Haltech stand alone ECU, Intake supercharger gauge. Stainless steel brake lines, Custom leather wrapped steering wheel,
    I bought my knock sensors off eBay for 80.00 for the pair and harness, 30,000 miles later no issues. They were marked DESNO on the sensor. So
    Just make sure they are made by DESNO and marked DESNO ON THEM,with the correct part number and sealed in the bag.
    The sealed bag had a dated stamp made less than 6 months ago from when I bought them.. As long as those are all part of the equations there's no issues.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
    CS_AR likes this.
  10. Mar 5, 2017 at 9:50 PM
    tacomatrd22

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Fort Smith, AR
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged tacoma
    Hopefully I can help because I'm still a little confused. The knock sensor connector should connect somewhere outside the engine block, past that timing belt cover if I remember right. It does connect to the ECU but it does connect to a connect.

I'll be sure to keep that in mind once I need to replace the sensors out once again.

11. Aug 21, 2017 at 3:49 PM
    ElTaquito

ElTaquito Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Arquimides
    Vehicle:
    2001 silver Tacoma TRD Double Cap 4x4
    Supercharger, lift 3 inches,

So replacing the sensors and the wire would most likely fix this problem with the P0330 light

12. Aug 21, 2017 at 6:20 PM
    1997tacomav6

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    97 reg cab, v6 5sp 300hp supercharged, Methonal Injection, 750,001 plus miles, Original Owner
    V6 5sp,RegCab,TRD Supercharger, 1.9” pulley, methanol injected Haltech ECU, AC TRD supercharger,(MUST DO) TRD supercharger ported, every 125,000- 150,000 needs rebuild Projector headlights HID 5 speed manual Amsoil for all drive train Smaller 2” pulley, (MUST DO) 2004 DESNO fuel injectors, zero ping ping, 2004 side door mirrors Dick Cepek Rims, Michelin tires LTX, ( that last 100,000 miles) Now running Dynopro ATM mud and snow tires KN cold air intake Cat back exhaust with ss exhaust tip, Raised exhaust tail pipe to 2" below body line Optima*dry cell battery,red top Alpine sirius radio, 200 watt amp, focal is165 split door pod speakers Focal door speakers Subwoffer behind seat Viper alarm, Electric Locks Dark tinted windows, bucket seats corbeau lg1 Tacoma Rubber floor mats TRD fender extenders, Bilstien shocks, King shocks nerf bars, add a leaf for rear springs trailer iv hitch, electric brake control, Drilled slotted brakes, High carbon steel (MUST DO) EBS green stuff 7000 series pads(MUST DO) TRD engine oil cap TRD stick shift, Marlin crawl shift kit. Rear sliding window 2002 4Runner functional hood scoop cut into Tacoma hood, 4Runner dual overhead map light Gentex Auto dim + Compass + Temp, garage,rearview mirror Snow Methonal kit stage 2 Custom 3 core aluminum radiator Linex bed liner Haltech stand alone ECU, Intake supercharger gauge. Stainless steel brake lines, Custom leather wrapped steering wheel,
    I got mine Set off eBay 85.00 set, over a year ago, make sure they are DESNO stamped and they have a date code on them and sealed in the bag

IMG_6166.jpg

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
    CS_AR likes this.
  13. Aug 21, 2017 at 9:06 PM
    tacomatrd22

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Fort Smith, AR
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged tacoma
    yes it will get rid of the code. Do it all at once so you won't have the headache of the code showing up again.

I'll check around ebay next time! Plus they do have that return policy.

14. Nov 11, 2017 at 10:17 AM
    yellowdoyle

yellowdoyle New Member

Member:
  15. Nov 11, 2017 at 5:13 PM
    1997tacomav6

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    In order to get to the knock sensors and wiring harness, they both are under the Intake so replace both
    sensors and wiring harness that in under the Intake

IMG_8002.jpg

CS_AR likes this.
  16. Nov 12, 2017 at 6:35 AM
    yellowdoyle

yellowdoyle New Member

Member:
    Okay thanks. That's what I was thinking but wanted to confirm people were just talking about the sensor harness.

17. Nov 12, 2017 at 11:36 PM
    Luv my yota

Luv my yota Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    00 turd lift 33's
    Kings,total chaos uppers, Deavers, JBA headers, Borla exhuast, engine mods, DC power 270 amp alt, 2k watts of sound, gps alarm.
    Can this possibly be happening to me? I have 250k on mine and have a power loss, thrown every new part at my motor and these were overlooked. I have no codes but can this drop mileage and cause power loss?

18. Nov 14, 2017 at 8:53 PM
    tacomatrd22

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Fort Smith, AR
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged tacoma
    The only way you'll be losing power is if the computer senses if the knock sensors are bad than it sends a code showing a check engine light. Do you have any pending engine codes? Another quick question, is your cat okay?

19. Nov 14, 2017 at 9:39 PM
    Luv my yota

Luv my yota Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    00 turd lift 33's
    Kings,total chaos uppers, Deavers, JBA headers, Borla exhuast, engine mods, DC power 270 amp alt, 2k watts of sound, gps alarm.
    Thanks for responding, my cat is factory and new. The old one was rattling from off-roading hard, new denso o2 sensors too! No codes and Toyota's master techs scanned it.. I'm thinking I'm losing my mind but my truck seemed way more powerful. Maybe the ethanol at winter blend. Twenty bucks plus the fifty for the intake gaskets plus an hours work hoping it's the harness, because I may have bumped the harness replacing the previously leaking intake gaskets. It ran like a demon after replacing the intake gaskets previously.

20. Nov 16, 2017 at 4:09 PM
    tacomatrd22

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Fort Smith, AR
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged tacoma
    I know what you mean. I have noticed that my truck was a lot faster acceleration wise 2 years ago. She still hauls but i notice a weird lag when I launch at dead stop sometimes. Seems like those gaskets kinda fixed your problem. But I wouldn't replace the knock sensors if there are no pending/ trouble codes showing up. I need to get my transmission rebuilt, and I'm putting in a new torque converter in as well. If that fixes my acceleration problem than that might fix yours as well, since me and you are having this problem.

Luv my yota[QUOTED] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top