1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

KO2 285/75R17 on 2016 Tacoma TRD-Sport recommended tire pressure

Discussion in 'Texas' started by AndCasX, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Feb 1, 2018 at 12:07 PM
    AndCasX

AndCasX [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andres
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    16’ Tacoma TRD-Sport
    KO2s 285/75/17 Regeared at 4.56 Eaton TrueTrac CBI custom bumper Customized love taps
    Hey guys,

I recently bought some new tires, KO2s 285/75R17, plan on installing them on my stock rims for my 2016 Tacoma TRD-Sport. My truck is basically stock with no real extra weight added and use it as my daily drive, not much off-roading as of yet.

My question is, what psi do you guy recommend me running? Seems like nobody has a clear answer.

Thanks in advance!

2. Feb 2, 2018 at 9:06 AM
    Snorkie

Snorkie JEEP LYFE

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeep
    Rubicon
    Vehicle:
    Prius
    8 PSI

3. Feb 2, 2018 at 4:07 PM
    BassAckwards

BassAckwards Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    AWD Turbo 2TR-FE
    If theyre load range e, id run them at 28-30psi. The chalk test would be the best bet to ensure even wear and make sure you arent running too much in them

AndCasX[OP] likes this.
  4. Feb 3, 2018 at 1:07 AM
    AndCasX

AndCasX [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andres
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    16’ Tacoma TRD-Sport
    KO2s 285/75/17 Regeared at 4.56 Eaton TrueTrac CBI custom bumper Customized love taps
    Thank you sir, I’ll try to do the chalk test ASAP but in the meanwhile I’ve run them at 32 psi for a couple of days and no problem nor even any substantial noise aggregate

BassAckwards[QUOTED] likes this.
  5. Feb 5, 2018 at 8:26 AM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    I've got mine 40#'s in front and 35#'s in the rear. I normally don't haul anything, so all the weight is up front. Chalk test will tell you if you're close or not. Usually the higher the load range, the more pressure is needed.

Biscuits likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top