1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lake Tahoe Camping

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Skan Skeeny, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Jul 25, 2011 at 12:43 PM
    Skan Skeeny

Skan Skeeny [OP] Skan Skeeny

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma TRD Double Cab
    Flippac Camper Shell, Alcan Custom Leaf Pack, Bilstein 5100's F&R, Eibach Springs, Duratrac 265/75/16, Ipod Interface
    Hey all,

My wife and I are doing a 10 day trip from Denver CO to Santa Rosa CA and back. We will be stopping a few places along the way, staying in Lake Tahoe for 3 nights. From there we will take two days to drive back to Denver. I need some suggestions for camping spots/mountain biking/Hiking at our stopping points along the way.

We are defenitly interested in primitive camping spots as well as good campgrounds. Good mountain biking trails, hiking/climbing, and scenic stuff are what we are after (read: quantities of beer, good camp food).

Day 1: driving to Wasatch National Forest, UT.
    Day 2: Great Basin National Park NV.
    Day 3-6: Drive to Lake Tahoe and camp at (??HELP??)
    Day 7: We have a place to stay in Santa Rosa :D
    Day 8: Camp on the beach somewhere by Santa Rosa (closer to the water the better).
    Days 9-10: Drive to beat all hell for Denver.

We have an 05 Taco with a Flippac shell, 2" lift, and b-b-brand new Duratrac 265/75/16's- so we can rally some pretty good trails, but I don't think the wifey wants to spend much time getting bounced around in Paco The Truck.
    :ballchain:
    If anyone has any suggestions for camping sites (primitive preferred) that are easy to find mountain, bike trails (intermediate to mildly advanced), good hikes, or other sight seeing stuff I would greatly appreciate it.
    Mind you, I need more than "turn right at the tenador de diablo in the 2nd meadow after the barbed-wire fence" type directions.:drunk:

Alright, cool, thanks and all that.

2. Jul 25, 2011 at 12:54 PM
    darkgreentaco

darkgreentaco XXXL Member

Member:
    NorCaL
    Vehicle:
    Timberland Rocket
    King RR C/O's, Extra mustard, All-Pro expdtn Leaf, sesame seed bun, Icon UCA's Fox Resi's BAMFsliders, sweet candy coating, LCAskids, diffcover 17" Addicts Yukon 4.56 Mt/r kevlar
    scott, for mountain biking, annadale park is a real fun place. that is in santa rosa. as for primitive camping, there are a lot of places along the russian river all the way to the ocean. all of these places are online starting in santa rosa and heading west to the ocean. good luck.

To Top