1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lawncare

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by thestrangebrew, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Mar 4, 2010 at 8:33 AM
    thestrangebrew

thestrangebrew [OP] AlphaPlanner

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Dos Palos CA
    Vehicle:
    TRD 4x4 Rugged Trail Edition
    Black Badges, Black Center Console
    I bought a foreclosed home last Nov. and now that spring's coming along, I'm getting ready to start working more on the yard. My problem is I've got weeds, primarily some type of clover, that is invading the yard. In the area that's supposed to be bark, I've sprayed the clover with round-up, so now I just have to go over it with a hoe or something. My question is, how do I go about taking care of the clover that seems to be overtaking the actual grass? I'm willing to just start over basically, but I'd like to find a cheaper and less labor intensive (pulling the weeds) alternative initially. I've read on a few sites that seeding the lawn and mowing it at the highest setting can be effective by blocking out the sunlight of the weeds. Has anyone tried this or other recommendations? Thanks.

Brian

2. Mar 4, 2010 at 8:38 AM
    Doc.SS

Doc.SS ︻╦╤─

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    O'side
    Vehicle:
    T4R SR5
    What type of grass do you have now?
    Weed and feed should do the trick. If you have a broad leaf grass make sure you get the type specifically for it. For instance, I have St. Augustine grass and some types of weed and feed kills broad leaf grasses and St. Augustine is included so I had to choose one designed for it.
    Have you tried any nurserys or Home Depot/Lowes? They usually have a bit more knowledge about the local grasses and what works.

3. Mar 4, 2010 at 8:43 AM
    thestrangebrew

thestrangebrew [OP] AlphaPlanner

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Dos Palos CA
    Vehicle:
    TRD 4x4 Rugged Trail Edition
    Black Badges, Black Center Console
    I haven't been able to see what kind of grass I have yet. It's a broad leaf for sure, but I'd say my lawn is about 10 sq. yds., and 80% of it has clover mixed in. I've heard of weed & feed too, so maybe I'll try that before re-seeding.

Products Discussed in

To Top