1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lawrence Welks (Drug Airport) trail "closed" now

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by Spvrtan, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Sep 6, 2016 at 2:17 AM
    Spvrtan

Spvrtan [OP] "Your assembly required."

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    San Diego (North County)
    Vehicle:
    SC'd '14 Tundra; 5.5" lift w/ +2.5 LT; 40s on 17s; 4.88s
    Technically it was never a legal trail; just saw this on Facebook..

2. Sep 9, 2016 at 4:22 PM
    Rusty15Tacoma

Rusty15Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rusty
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2015 MGM TRD Offroad
    Bilstein 5100 w/ OME 886, Built Right UCA's, Dirt King LCA's, 5125 2"-2.5" lift rear shocks, Alcan HD 8pack rear, Level 8 Guardian 16" wheels, blacked out badges, 285/75R16 Hercules Trail Digger, 20% tint, BHLM Retrofit.
    Lol I didn't know the SDSD was for hire.

3. Sep 9, 2016 at 4:26 PM
    HAVVOKK

HAVVOKK Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Vehicle:
    2014 DGAF Long Bed
    Fucking look it up
    They aren't for hire so whoever posted that isn't so smart. You can request that they patrol your area but they usually don't. Guy was probably being an idiot in his jeep or the BMW driver is a price or both but I would a told the guy in the BMW to fuck off as I roostered him with rocks I hate ass hats that try to rule the world and think they are the best thing that happened to man kind

4. Sep 9, 2016 at 8:45 PM
    Rusty15Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Rusty
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2015 MGM TRD Offroad
    Bilstein 5100 w/ OME 886, Built Right UCA's, Dirt King LCA's, 5125 2"-2.5" lift rear shocks, Alcan HD 8pack rear, Level 8 Guardian 16" wheels, blacked out badges, 285/75R16 Hercules Trail Digger, 20% tint, BHLM Retrofit.
    I know this. I haven't found the sarcasm button yet.

5. Sep 9, 2016 at 8:55 PM
    Notoneiota

Notoneiota Claud Bawls molested my cat.

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Oakdale & Grand Rapids, MN
    Vehicle:
    14 Tacoma DCLB TRD Sport
    Mostly stock with a few minor mods.
    Did you all miss the part about it being private land? Why is someone an ass hat for saying Stay off my land? As someone who owns 5,500 acres of ranch land in northern AZ and CONSTANTLY has to deal with ass hats who think open range is a free for all for riding atvs, jeeps and what-not that shit pisses me right off. It's the ass hats who cut fences and cant close a friggin' gate behind them that can kiss my ass. Some Jeep driving jerk-off left a gate open 2 weeks ago and one of my cows got out on the highway and was killed by a car (also totaled). Because some ass hat decided he was too cool to bother to close a gate I lost a cow, had to pay someone to scrape it off the highway and dispose of it, someone else lost a car and almost their life. Learn to read plat maps and recognize private property. Then respect it.

6. Sep 9, 2016 at 9:39 PM
    HAVVOKK

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Vehicle:
    2014 DGAF Long Bed
    Fucking look it up
    If you don't want people on your land and it's not marked then fence it or mark it if it's not marked then fair game I say. And if there is a guy ordering people off some land in a BMW I'm not going to listen either. I respect people's land and trespassing and shit but if it's not marked or fenced I'm going to use it

7. Sep 10, 2016 at 12:03 AM
    Rusty15Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Rusty
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2015 MGM TRD Offroad
    If someone tells you not to go on their land and you do, then you're in violation of 602 PC. Therefore, you deserve the ticket. Just saying.

8. Sep 10, 2016 at 1:31 AM
    ABA180

ABA180 It burns when I pee....

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    East Bridgewater MA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab Slider
    Pioneer CD, Megaloud/JBL amps, Rockford/Polk speakers.
    He mentioned the cow getting out of a gate/fence, so it sounds like he did his due diligence

9. Sep 10, 2016 at 1:33 AM
    ABA180

ABA180 It burns when I pee....

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    East Bridgewater MA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab Slider
    Pioneer CD, Megaloud/JBL amps, Rockford/Polk speakers.
    Reasons like that are why I hate owning a home. I have my swimming pool fenced/gated/locked and my town is one of the strictest in my state on them, yet if someone trespasses on my property and gets hurt or killed I'm sure I'll get blamed for it.

10. Sep 10, 2016 at 6:16 AM
    Notoneiota

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle:
    14 Tacoma DCLB TRD Sport
    The problem with your arguement is that for example in my case everything is 100% fenced and I literally have a bagillion No Trespass signs every so many feet and at all gates, etc. But fences and signs apparently piss some people off and they like taking the signs down, cutting fences, and leaving gates open in an F You like protest. Then you come along and see no signs and an open gate because I haven't discovered the vandalism yet. Oh and I live in MN so I have the rancher who leases the property or Sheriff calling me at odd hours. So acckrding to your logic my property is fair game if the signs aren't visible and a gate is open inviting you in. I would suggest that any property you see that looks good to explore is owned by someone, be it private, state, federal, blm...etc and it is your responsibility to get a map and find out who owns it and what you need to do to get access (ask permission, permit, nothing...) About every month or so I get calls that someone has set up camp in an RV on some random spot on my property and I have to send the Sheriff to move them along - come on people...check a map! Just because the nearest house is miles away doesn't mean it is a free-for-all.

11. Sep 10, 2016 at 6:23 AM
    Notoneiota

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle:
    14 Tacoma DCLB TRD Sport
    I'm not saying BMW isn't a dick...he's driving a BMW...but it just might be a situation like mine where the actual landowner doesn't live there and there are people keeping an eye on it for them. The locals know who I am and do a good job keeping me informed and calling the Sheriff when needed. So don't shoot the messenger...even though he drives a bimmer.

12. Sep 17, 2016 at 5:17 PM
    HAVVOKK

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Vehicle:
    2014 DGAF Long Bed
    Fucking look it up
    From what I heard it's a companies land if a random Guy can't show you proof he either works for that company or proof that he owns said land who's to say he's not just some ass hole trying to run people out of off roading by his house? I've had it happen before but I was on public land made for off reading and had an ass hole try to tell me to leave I told him to do what he had to do wether call the cops or run me down himself but I was gunna go have fun with my kid and he could have a nice day. That's all I'm trying to say

13. Sep 21, 2016 at 5:34 PM
    Notoneiota

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle:
    14 Tacoma DCLB TRD Sport
    I get where you're coming from about people with no business telling you what they think you can and can't do bothering you, but you also just stated that you know it is some company's land (ie. private). Private land is off limits without permission. That's how it works. I'm guessing you wouldn't want some strangers riding atvs in your front yard while you're at work just because you don't have signs up and you're not there to tell them not to.

I get people every year traipsing through my land while hunting quail, Muleys, etc. that swear up and down they know they're on state or BLM land and can hunt there. Of course they climbed over a fence to get there or came through a closed gate that has a no trespass sign on it. But it just has to be public because there's no development and it is just wide open country...people will justify it anyway they can rather than admit they don't know and were too lazy to get a map...even though every phone with internet can pull that info up with a quick Google search.

Anyway...I'm done with this one. Just please do your due diligence when you decide to wheel somewhere and make sure you're legit to do it. Otherwise, you make yourself and the rest of us look like idiots when you have to be told to go away. I know people get weird about this stuff...I was hunting state land last deer season in WI and had some crazy lady drive out and tell me her land (on the other side of the road from me) was private. I thanked her for letting me know and assured her I would stay on the state side. She watched me for the next couple of hours. No biggie. But I had a plat map in my pack to prove my point if she wanted to push it and I would have left peacefully if it got weird because there's plenty of other places to go and it aint worth the stress.

heffer and HAVVOKK like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top