1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

LCA Bushings: OEM, Energy Suspension, Whiteline

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by alphabravo, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Aug 18, 2019 at 10:32 PM
    Running Man

Running Man flat faced submarine and 4 runner

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Mission Tx
    Vehicle:
    1995 tacoma sr5 RIP 2001 T4R Limited
    nothing on the runner yet
    yeah i took the control arm off and the sleeve fell out it was pretty comical

not so much as a squeak though

if you ask me if the rubbers still vulcanized its still good

2. Aug 18, 2019 at 10:38 PM
    Vaushaus

Vaushaus Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Harrison
    Vancouver, British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    1998 3.4L 4x4 AT
    Bilstein Coilover with All-Pro Coils, AAL, 33" Wranglers on American Racing AR23 wheels
    :rofl: lol
    I would agree. To be honest, I've just got itchy fingers and I need an excuse to work on something. The UCA bushings came bundled with my LCA ones, so I figured ehhhh why the hell not.

Running Man likes this.
  3. Sep 4, 2019 at 6:48 PM
    alphabravo

alphabravo [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Christopher
    Canada via FL
    Vehicle:
    2003 Tacoma TRD
    Supercharger AntiDark Hood Light Redline Tuning Hood Struts Morimoto Projectors Grey Wire Mod Tundra 13WL Brake Conversion EBC ED Pads and GD Rotors Mean Green Starter DC Power 250A Alternator Odyssey PC2150 Battery, Artec Cage ADS shocks Total Chaos UCA ComeUp Winch, Factor 55 Splicer Relentless bumpers OTRATTW Switches, Bussman 15304-2-2-4 RTMR, Paranoid Fabrication switch brackets Jensen JHD3630BT Morimoto XB LED Fogs Deaver Custom Springs Ivan Stewart TRD Wheels, Pro Series TRD Wheels
    I just wanted to post an update since I had originally flagged the Whitelines as possibly slipping or clicking:

I traced the suspension clicks to a bad upper uniball joint and loose uca bolts (total chaos) just last week. Now, I do not believe the Whitelines have ever moved. I've had them looked at by the original alignment tech and he also says they haven't moved.

Furthermore I am now four years into this mod without any squeaking of the poly bushings following the teardown, cleaning, and regrease I describe above.

Vaushaus, SwampYota and MedicMutt like this.
To Top