1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Leaf Spring upgrade causes a braking problem?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Rammstein, Dec 25, 2008.

1. Dec 25, 2008 at 2:14 AM
    Rammstein

Rammstein [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2007 4x4 SR5 TRD Off-Road
    K&N Intake System, TSB Rear Suspension, TRD Cat-Back Exhaust Avid Off-Road Light Bar Toyota After-Market Skid Plate
    So I got the TSB Leaf Spring upgrade and I have noticed that now whenever I apply the brakes, the truck shudders and vibrates.
    It is difficult to explain but it is definitely not the normal and smooth braking process. My truck definitely did not do that before and I really hope that it has something to do with the leaf springs needing to “settle.” Anyways I was just wondering if anyone else experienced this.

For the record my tuck definitely needed the TSB upgrade, I did not have it done just for the hell of it. When I would load my truck up to go dirt biking my headlights would shoot up into the air and my truck would bottom out just from backing out of the driveway. Also when I took my truck in I did not have new brakes or tires installed, just the TSB and an oil change, so the vibrations can not be a cause of having brakes being incorrectly installed or something like that.

2. Dec 25, 2008 at 6:47 AM
    Packman73

Packman73 ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    When i went in a few weeks ago for my LS TSB, the dealer told me my truck qualified for a brake TSB. They turned the rotor and gave me new pads.

Products Discussed in

To Top