1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Leaking 95

Discussion in 'New Members' started by beeztlytlr, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Nov 29, 2007 at 5:15 PM
    beeztlytlr

beeztlytlr [OP] Member

Member:
    Fernley Nevada
    Vehicle:
    Purple $$$ Eater
    1.5" Shackles in back, Bilstein 5100's front and rear(plus 2.5" in front) BeCool 3000cfm electric fan. Summit Racing 100w off road lights, Doug Thourley Header, Luk clutch, "custom" cat, TRD Coils, JC Whitney leaves.
    Just wanted to introduce myself, I'm new to the toyota thing, always been a full size domestic fan. I traded my 2000 Honda SuperHawk motorcycle for a 1995 toyota 4x4 regular cab two months ago. Back leafs were broken, replaced those and added 1.5" shackles. Fan clutch spit the bearings out the back side. Front left strut collapsed and now it looks like I'm loosing coolant from the head gasket behind the exhaust manifold. Is this normal for a truck with 160,000 on a 2.7???

2. Nov 29, 2007 at 5:38 PM
    tacotoe

tacotoe Pastry Chef

Member:
    Nebraska
    Vehicle:
    `17 AC Sport MT
    ARE Topper, Icon aal, OEM Audio+
    I doubt these ailments are common,on a well cared for vehicle.It sounds as if your Taco might have had a bit of an abusive previous owner.Hopefully w/a little TLC you can patch er back up.

3. Dec 4, 2007 at 10:55 AM
    Jeff

Jeff Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hopkinton,MA
    Vehicle:
    Nice 6spd,V6, very solid truck
    None currently, but I would like a better sounding exhaust and perhaps a cold air pack and some color coded step bars
    I have to agree with tacotoe, it was "driven hard and put away wet" in reference to horses. Not sure about some of the problems but the fan clutch might give up at 160K, perhaps there are some TSB's on the head gasket but the rest are from lots of use, perhaps overloading, when it comes to springs.
    On your next truck, maybe a trip to a local garage might be in order and have them check it over.
    Jeff, 06,V6, 6spd SR5,Radiant Red.

4. Dec 5, 2007 at 4:43 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    The older tacomas had a RECALL for the head gasket.
    I found this - Unfortunately - it says this expired in 2004.
    http://bigbri.com/images/SSC/x01intro.pdf

If anything - that document might give you some ideas of what the problem is. Perhaps your truck already had the recall and it's failing (again). I'm not sure....

Keep researching....

5. Dec 5, 2007 at 6:29 AM
    Jeff

Jeff Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hopkinton,MA
    Vehicle:
    Nice 6spd,V6, very solid truck
    None currently, but I would like a better sounding exhaust and perhaps a cold air pack and some color coded step bars
    Some years ago a friend of mine came back from a weeks trip and jumped in his truck to go uptown and he got a half mile and his head gaskets blew. He had a mid 90's V6(with over 120K). The maint on his truck was perfect and he had all the paperwork to back it up. He had it fixed at a local shop and submitted the paperwork to Toyata, they reimbursed him for everything but the necessary oil change.
    The key here is proven maint procedures, so I am doubt that it would apply to a taco with no maint records and some signs of hard use.
    Jeff, V6 ,06,6spd , 4x4, SR5

Products Discussed in

To Top