1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

LED Dashboard

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by JessysBabyGirl, May 9, 2012.

1. May 19, 2012 at 2:53 PM
    Blackshirts

Blackshirts Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner-Totaled. 2016 SR5 Blue DC
    Stuff

There is a one that will fit. They are the neo-wedge type. And the LEDs will not work. They are not a 360 degree type. So not enough light will make it to all sections.

2. May 22, 2012 at 6:06 PM
    Petep

Petep New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pete
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma
    Pioneer stereo head
    Doing the LED mod in my 2009. Got the dash out and I'm stuck on how to get the needles removed. It seems like they should just slide on and off but I gave each of them a very healthy tug and they ain't going anywhere. I'm afraid I'll damage something if I tug on these any harder than I have already. What's the secret to getting these indicator needles off so I can get at the circuit board where the LEDs get soldered on.

3. Jun 5, 2012 at 2:07 PM
    JessysBabyGirl

JessysBabyGirl [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jessica
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    under construction
    33in terra grapplers, 10inch wide black xd addicts, 3in toytec lift, chrome painted silver around grille
    what i did was stuck a very small flat head like the smallest one they make under the black round base of the needle. I stuck the flat head threw all the way until it comes out the other side and then i lifted the flat head up making sure you lift it parrallel to the cluster so the flat head isnt on an angle as you lift it. Just be careful to not have the needle bend on the cluster.

Products Discussed in

To Top