1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

LED Flasher for DTRL & Turn signals??

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by sledneck, May 27, 2011.

1. May 27, 2011 at 11:25 AM
    sledneck

sledneck [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Northern Maine
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport DC
    MBRP Stainless Duels, AFE CAI Stafe 2, lBilstein 5100's, 886's, smittybuilt Nerf Bars, UWS box, 6000K HID's, Grillcraft grille, Switchback LED signals and DTRL's, 20% tint,
    I have been trying to search and can't seem to find an answer so any help will be greatly appreciated. I have a 2011 TRD Sport with DTRL, I have installed LED amber rear turn signals and no have hyperflash. I want to install switchback LED up front to serve as DTRL and turn signals. Is there a flasher out that will prevent hyperflash and still allow DTRL? If so, where can I puchase one? So far what I have found is it is either one or the other but not both in one flasher. Also, I am trying to stay away from splicing and reisitors if possible.

Thanks!

2. May 27, 2011 at 7:09 PM
    Tacokevin

Tacokevin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    East Hartford, CT
    Kenwood Excelon DNX9960, Hertz speakers, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, 3" Toytec Bilstien 5100 coilovers, LR UCA, Diff Drop, Rear AAL Bilstien 5100's, XD Series Bully Wheels, 285/74R16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Yellow fog lights w/ anytime mod to FJ oem switch, DTRL custom mod w/Switchback LED and stealth switch, Smoked Headlights, Wired Streamlight Rechargable LED flashlight, Color matched grill, Color matched power mirrors w/oem switch, Heated Murth Bicolor signal mirrors w/Highlander oem heater switch, URD short shifter
    I tried the same thing. Ended up getting an led flasher (doesn't have dtrl) and had to wire up my self(splicing) to get to work the way I wanted (white dtrl and amber flashing).

3. May 27, 2011 at 7:15 PM
    Tacokevin

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    East Hartford, CT
    Kenwood Excelon DNX9960, Hertz speakers, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, 3" Toytec Bilstien 5100 coilovers, LR UCA, Diff Drop, Rear AAL Bilstien 5100's, XD Series Bully Wheels, 285/74R16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Yellow fog lights w/ anytime mod to FJ oem switch, DTRL custom mod w/Switchback LED and stealth switch, Smoked Headlights, Wired Streamlight Rechargable LED flashlight, Color matched grill, Color matched power mirrors w/oem switch, Heated Murth Bicolor signal mirrors w/Highlander oem heater switch, URD short shifter
  4. May 28, 2011 at 5:29 AM
    Tacokevin

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    East Hartford, CT
    you are going to have to do some splicing because toyota didnt run a third wire to the flasher, thats why you wont get the switchbacks to work there is only power for the amber led not the white led you have to add the wire and bring power to it.

5. May 28, 2011 at 10:46 AM
    Tacokevin

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    East Hartford, CT
    look at picture the thick black wire on the left has to be added to use the white led part...the oem DTRL only powers the amber flasher thats all so to use both you will have to wire up a relay and splice....i did it so mine are on when the key is in acc or on, they are one if parking lights are on, they go off when the headlights are put on and i wire in a switch if i want to turn them off

photo.jpg

Attached Files:

Products Discussed in

To Top