1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

LED Interior Accent Lighting for '05-'11

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by flyzeye designs, Mar 2, 2011.

?

Standard HALO colors? Some of you have suggested that we change from the green halo.

Poll closed Apr 10, 2011.
  1. RED Halos

8.6%
  2. GREEN Halos

7.9%
  3. BLUE Halos

22.1%
  4. AMBER Halos

51.4%
  5. WHITE Halos

10.0%
  1. Dec 7, 2011 at 6:20 PM
    flyzeye designs

flyzeye designs [OP] Revised Company Logo

Member:
    First Name:
    Darren
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    double-cab long-bed 4X4 debadged TRD Sport
    6 inch lift, tinted windows, custom tail lights, custom Red/White/Red-Black FLYZEYE Designs TCMA-0513 V2W interior light Custom Powder-Coated Devil Horns by Andres
    So far, we only have the TCMA-0511 V1 and very soon V2W for Tacoma. We do have plans to expand but I do not see a 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee in the near future. Each vehicle-specific design requires a pretty significant developmnet cost. To this day, our first product has yet to pay for itself. In time, maybe... :rolleyes:

Please thank your friend for the interest. :)

2. Dec 22, 2011 at 8:04 AM
    maser

maser Hello, my name is Maser... and I'm an alcoholic

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Fort Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    fog light mod,DTRL mod,alternating turn signal mod, BHLM, pioneer pt 3200dvd, fosgate speakers all 4 doors,AFE CAI, Magnaflow turndown exhaust, satoshi'd grill, Procomp 6 in lift, 2 Diamond audio 10's w/ 600w amp..........
    Any word on the black cases? I'm one of the few who has the black dashboard,this would be great.

3. Dec 22, 2011 at 10:37 AM
    flyzeye designs

Member:
    First Name:
    Darren
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    6 inch lift, tinted windows, custom tail lights, custom Red/White/Red-Black FLYZEYE Designs TCMA-0513 V2W interior light Custom Powder-Coated Devil Horns by Andres
    As of 13:30 East Coast time, we're still waiting...

4. Dec 27, 2011 at 5:18 AM
    maser

maser Hello, my name is Maser... and I'm an alcoholic

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Fort Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    fog light mod,DTRL mod,alternating turn signal mod, BHLM, pioneer pt 3200dvd, fosgate speakers all 4 doors,AFE CAI, Magnaflow turndown exhaust, satoshi'd grill, Procomp 6 in lift, 2 Diamond audio 10's w/ 600w amp..........
    Got a Flyzeye for christmas !! You guys ( maybe Darren, I think ) might remember my wife's order....she ordered like 6 of 'em by mistake after a bottle of wine LMAO. You did a great job helping her out. FANTASTIC CUSTOMER SERVICE. THANKS. looks great...will post review later.

5. Dec 27, 2011 at 5:29 AM
    flyzeye designs

Member:
    First Name:
    Darren
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    We had a laugh too. :D Merry Christmas!

When time permits, please provide your honest feed back: what you like, what you don't like, suggestions, etc. :)

6. Dec 28, 2011 at 6:54 PM
    AbunaiXR

AbunaiXR Active Member

Member:
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    05 SWB Xrunner
    just received mines. looks amazing! and installation was a breeze. didnt need to cut into the radio bezel cause i have the aftermarket kit and fit fine. thanks for such an amazing product!

7. Jan 1, 2012 at 8:57 AM
    three west

three west Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JD
    UP MI
    Vehicle:
    09 DC SB TRD Sport
    got one for Christmas, very pleased, looks great

I do have question though. The dimmer seems to respond so fast that its acting as more of an on/off switch. Its pretty touchy and tough to adjust it anywhere between full on and off. Is that normal? I'm not sure it'll even affect things as I don't know how often I'd even want to dim it, but was just curious.

8. Jan 1, 2012 at 10:44 AM
    flyzeye designs

Member:
    First Name:
    Darren
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Good question. In general terms, the TSDC dimmer circuit is quite sensitive. It functions by way of biasing a field-effect transistor to adjust the dimming. As stated, the TOYOTA uses a variable ground to control the interior lighting. When set somewhere less than about 75%, our TSDC dimmer circuit loses ground causing the FET to 'mis-behave'. If you are experiencing this instantaneous ON/OFF with the Tacoma at full bright, then it sounds like there is indeed a problem with our unit. In such a case, please contact us. We will send a replacement unit asap.

The other possibility is moisture. If your fingertips are relatively moist, the TSDC will respond extremely fast. I don't expect this is the case.

9. Jan 5, 2012 at 12:56 PM
    YotaComa22

YotaComa22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Auburn, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD SPORT
    3" ToyTec Lift kit with ultra Goliath wheels and general grabber tires for now.
    quick question. I just got mine in the mail today and gotta say thanks and they look great. Any suggestions on getting it to stick on properly so it doesn't fall off? I had to add a HD velcro to get it to stay up there. The texture on the radio bottom is bumpy and the tape doesn't stick to it all that great. Just wondering if you had any suggestions on getting it to stay up there with just tape. The velcro looks horrible so I have to fix this.....Thanks for a great product and the $10 refund too....

10. Jan 6, 2012 at 9:17 AM
    478DblSport

478DblSport Thermonuclear Protection

Member:
    Byron, GA
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver Streak Mica PreRunner DC TRD Sport
    | EXTERIOR | DiamondBack SE Tonneau Cover, Havoc HS2 Hoop Steps, Tailgate Hose Clamp Mod, Shortened OEM Antenna, DeeZee Bed Mat | INTERIOR | Flyzeye V2W (Amber/White/Amber), RAM Mt A-Pillar Mod, Audio: Pioneer AVH-X5700, PDX-5 (119Wx4+410W), Polk Audio MM6501 (F) & MM651 (R), JL Audio CP108LG-W3v3 (Sub), w/Monster, Rockford, & Streetwire cabling, Metra Dash Kit.
    I've purchased two of these units (V1 & V2W) and haven't had any adhesion problems. I did wipe the attachment area with alcohol prior to affixing it to the dash to remove any dust or Armor All build-up. Sounds like you're going to need some more tape... PM Darren, I'm sure he'll take care of you. Good luck!

11. Jan 6, 2012 at 10:52 AM
    flyzeye designs

Member:
    First Name:
    Darren
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Replacement adhesive is on the way. Please ensure the surface is free from contaminents - silicones, waxes, greases, etc. Also, be sure to remove all existing adhesive from the mounting plate before applying the new 3M VHB strip. Rubbing alcohol (isoprophyl) works well.

12. Jan 6, 2012 at 11:39 AM
    babyboi2284

babyboi2284 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Lockport, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    09 Barcelona Red X-Runner
    LS 6k projectors w/ white halos, 6k fogs, T-Rex Angry Lids, NST SSK, Coupe Shift Knob, BHLM, LFM, DLM, FLM, JL 500/1 amp, JL 10"w6v2, subX wanna be made by me, Magnaflow muffler, 5% tint, k&n drop in filter, Craven Speed Stubby, map light mod
    Are the black case versions still available for special order?

13. Jan 6, 2012 at 12:59 PM
    flyzeye designs

Member:
    First Name:
    Darren
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Yes, the special-order black cases are still available.

14. Jan 17, 2012 at 5:45 PM
    Fore

Fore Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner
    Sorry if this is a re-post. Didn't want to go thru all the pages to find the answers. (1) What is the group buy price for the wired up ones. (2) Can we pay thru PayPal and how? (3) Does your silver plate look right with the radio grey bezel double dim units?

Products Discussed in

To Top