1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Led Light Bar mounted in lower bumper

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by sportzman0, Dec 30, 2012.

1. sportzman0

sportzman0 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Las Vegas
    Black emblems Tinted Windows Aftermarket Audio System LED Dome Lights Headlights Blacked Out
    I installed a 30" light bar into the lower opening of my bumper. No fab need just dremel out the inside of the to fit light bar. Took pictures as much as i could.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

used angled iron 35" this was the first test on how we mounted it but we turned around because was sticking out of bumper. have about 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch spacing this way

again, this is the first test. Turn the angle iron around for more flush. As well used spaced to bring iron above top of bumper rail. use plenty of spacers.

here is it with the angled iron turned around. sorry bad pic forgot to take pics when turned around
    [​IMG]

then assemble

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 24, 2013
  2. uscg2008

uscg2008 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    coby
    KODIAK, AK! originally from Huntington Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 trd sr5 four door 4x4
    CLICK ON SIGNATURE>>>>
    Wow that is awesome thanks man this is freakin awesome!! Wat brand bar do you have and what kind of mounting hardware did you use to mount the bracket to the crash rail?

3. sportzman0

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Las Vegas
    Black emblems Tinted Windows Aftermarket Audio System LED Dome Lights Headlights Blacked Out
    I purchased my light bar from zilla at okledlightbars.com great quality and fast shipping just wiring with a different switch is what I'm trying to do rig now. I'll post pics when I install switch

4. uscg2008

uscg2008 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    coby
    KODIAK, AK! originally from Huntington Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 trd sr5 four door 4x4
    CLICK ON SIGNATURE>>>>
    Wat mounting hardware did u use to mount it to the crash rail?

5. ffdawson

ffdawson Adventurer

Member:
    Penngrove
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Rugged Trail 6spd
    Fox Racing Shox 2.5 coilovers, Desert Racing Products UCAs, Fox 2.0's, OME Dakar's, BAMF Rock Sliders w/ kickout, All Pro Rear Bumper w/ Yotaman swing out, 1 1/4 Spidertraxx spacers, Goodyear Wrangler MTR's 285/75/16, Optima Red Top, Morimoto Ind. 32" LED Bar, 20% tint, Ipod direct hookup, Diff Breather mod, BHLM, SnugTop Shell, Yakima Racks, WeatherTech's, BajaRack Utility Roof Rack, Tepui RTT, RCI Skid,
    Looks great man! And your method of mounting it was far superior to mine. Much less invasive to the crash bar. Strong work!

6. sportzman0

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Las Vegas
    Angled iron about 35" with hex top screws with thick threads. Couldnt use self tapping nothing was long enough for spacers

7. sportzman0

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Las Vegas
    what did u use to mount it??

8. KeithB

KeithB Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Cheshire, CT
    Vehicle:
    SWB '09 Tacoma DCSB Sport 4x4
    Wheels and Tires: 17x8" Ultra Goliath wheels with P285/70R17 Nitto Terra Grappler G2, Suspension: Icon coilovers set at 2.5", TC UCA's, 1.5" lift 3 leaf pack with overload left in, 3* shims, carrier bearing drop, Bilstein 5100 B110 rear shocks Other: TRD SS exhaust, Ottonavi H/U with Sat radio, bluetooth, ipod interface, DVD, Navigation Accessories: Toyota roof rack, black Toyota running board steps, cargo divider, weathertech floor liners, Literider roll up soft tonneau, thule bars over tonneau Cosmetic: window tint, grillcraft black mesh upper/lower grill, eyelids, tinted tails and third brake light, vinyl armrest in doors Lighting: fogs only mod, bed lights in pockets, back up lights, amber interior accent lighting, amber 10" LED light bar in hood scoop, 33" LED bar behind the lower grill, amber lamin-x on fog lights
    awesome, this is what I'm gonna do with my 33". Was debating between bottom and side mounting bracket style lights. From your pictures, I can tell there is no room to use the bottom mount style. Side mounts like you have are the way to go for mounting in the lower grill.

9. ckeeton

ckeeton Bazinga

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Duluth, GA
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC Trd Sport Gray
    trd sport with avid off road light bar, avid rock sliders. OEM roof rack, 12' LED light bar, and Sock monkey decals.
    yep, i hate the switch that came with mine. im needing to switch it out. sub'd for that

10. sportzman0

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Las Vegas
    Yeah the angled iron seems stronger as well. The switch I used was a otrattw switch. Works good and wired with dash lights which works great!

11. ckeeton

ckeeton Bazinga

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Duluth, GA
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC Trd Sport Gray
    trd sport with avid off road light bar, avid rock sliders. OEM roof rack, 12' LED light bar, and Sock monkey decals.
    did you have to get anything extra to switch it other than buying the new switch?

12. socal16

socal16 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Diego
    las vegas nv
    Vehicle:
    08 trd offroad black 4x4!!!
    wheels and tires, k&n cold air intake, limo tint,bhlm,TRD seatcovers, OME lift
    i see how it is tim, you take a the credit for all the work

13. sportzman0

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Las Vegas
    You really think 1 person could do all this work... Come on Diego, plus didn't know you still had your account

14. SteelCityAirman7

SteelCityAirman7 Decal Commander

Member:
    First Name:
    B
    OH-IO!
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma SR5 4x4 TRD
    OEM Roof Rack, pelfreybilt Bed Bar, satoshi grille, tinted headlights and taillights, LED Parking and Reverse, 6000k HIDs, 32" LED Lightbar behind bottom bumper grille(www.okledlightbars.com), TACOMA bed mat, 20% windows tinted all around, plasti dipped front valence/lip, flowmaster dual exhaust, Bedlined Sliders w/ Kickout from AnB Fab
  15. Taco Guy11

Taco Guy11 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Western Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport
    5100's, Eibachs, Light Racing UCAs, ATO Rear bumper and ifs skid, Lights, Tonno Cover, TJM Front Bumper and Slider not sure of the brand.
    Looks great

16. SteelCityAirman7

Member:
    First Name:
    B
    OH-IO!
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma SR5 4x4 TRD
    OEM Roof Rack, pelfreybilt Bed Bar, satoshi grille, tinted headlights and taillights, LED Parking and Reverse, 6000k HIDs, 32" LED Lightbar behind bottom bumper grille(www.okledlightbars.com), TACOMA bed mat, 20% windows tinted all around, plasti dipped front valence/lip, flowmaster dual exhaust, Bedlined Sliders w/ Kickout from AnB Fab
    Noooo
    Why u delete!
    I was using it as reference lol

17. mr2snob

mr2snob Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    13 4x4 SR5 Manual
  18. sportzman0

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Las Vegas
    Idk why deleted pictures. Will reload later. Sorry not sure what happened there

19. SteelCityAirman7

Member:
    First Name:
    B
    OH-IO!
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma SR5 4x4 TRD
    Thanks. Idk, your sig is gone too!

20. sportzman0

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Las Vegas
    reposted. i think lost a couple pics sorry :/

To Top