1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Les Schwab experience with lift install - anyone have any?

Discussion in 'North West' started by sportsguy, May 7, 2012.

1. May 7, 2012 at 9:23 PM
    sportsguy

sportsguy [OP] searchgeek

Member:
    I seem to recall a thread somewhere noting the Les Schwab in Bellevue was doing installs of the Bilstien 5100's and AALs for somewhere around $670.

Just wondering if anyone has experience with this set up, and with Les Schwab installing it especially. ;)

Only looking for maybe 1 - 1.5 inches, max. Heck, I might just stay stock for now and add the Duratracs...

2. May 7, 2012 at 9:37 PM
    Forster46

Forster46 Very nice how much?

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    6000k HID's, AUX Reverse Lights, 3" Rough Country Suspension Lift, Pioneer AVH-P4200 Double Din, Underglow and footwell Lights, Camo Seat Covers, Duralast Tool Box, Blacked Out Badges, Grill, Front Emblem, Midland CB Radio, Amber Strobes, POWER REAR WINDOW, cup holder LED's, Firestik 3' in bed, console divider, Ultragauge.
    I have no idea, all I know is that they only install what you purchase through them. It's dumb, but understandable.

My buddy works at the schwab in Redmond.

3. May 8, 2012 at 9:17 PM
    Chickenmunga

Chickenmunga Nuggety

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Keizer, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad DC 4x4 with stuff
    All the normal TW BS
    This is not just my personal experience, but the story I hear from everybody is that the business is going downhill since the old man died.

If you are only looking for a tiny amount of lift, go add some 265/75/16, which gives you exactly 1"

If you want to go more, I like the OME. OME is a product of ARB, and you can have OME put on by Schwab. HOWEVER, if you don't mind the drive, I encourage you to try Auburn Car Repair & Offroad. John knows his stuff and is a fair deal!

4. May 9, 2012 at 10:03 AM
    sportsguy

Member:
    Now, this helps immensely...

1 - adding the tires alone will likely keep me happy for a while, it seems. Small bump in lift, but big improvement in traction. You say "exactly 1 inch of lift"...but is that because the tire diameter is 1 inch larger than the stock 245 tire? If so, it's only 1/2" of actual lift (still fine in my book). If the tire diameter is 2 inches bigger than stock, so much the better as I'd be happy adding the extra full inch of ground clearance under the truck. :)

2 - I LOVE getting recommendations for local shops. Auburn isn't too bad...you could have said Olympia... ;) I used to have a "Jeep only" shop back home where I went - always best to build and nurture a relationship - it pays off in the end. :) I'll check them out.

Thanks for the feedback guys. :)

5. May 9, 2012 at 11:11 AM
    Bobert14

Bobert14 .

Member:
    Honestly...never been impressed with Les Schwab and don't know anyone else who is.

6. May 9, 2012 at 11:13 AM
    Twistedfreedom

Twistedfreedom welcome to the incredibuild

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    in progress
    modded the F*ck out
    I'm sure some of the members on here would be willing to help you out and save you some money.

7. May 9, 2012 at 1:21 PM
    sportsguy

Member:
    ...and this is why I love communities like this. :)

Great feedback and like minded people willing to share ideas and time.

...mixed with a few dolts to spice things up from time to time... *whistles*

Next question:

Where do folks like to buy Goodyear Duratrac's (non-kevlar versions) around here?

8. May 9, 2012 at 1:47 PM
    Chickenmunga

Chickenmunga Nuggety

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Keizer, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    All the normal TW BS
    Sportsguy, I was assuming you had the TRD. You may gain a different amount from your set, check out the tire size calculator in my sig.

They were worthwhile a number of years back for basic care, but I also knew the guy who oversaw tires for ODOT... Who in turn had personal connections with Les Schwab himself... While that relationship was active, they both kept things in line. However, one is retired and one is dead. :p

9. May 9, 2012 at 4:37 PM
    sportsguy

Member:
    I can't seem to get the calculator to work. :( Tried it in IE and FF - no joy... :(

...and no TRD - just base for me. :)

10. May 9, 2012 at 4:51 PM
    jammdogg

jammdogg Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Hillsboro, OR
    Vehicle:
    13 Spruce Mica DCLB
    6" ProComp lift on 35 MT's. ARB Bumper.
    I had my 5100's installed by Schwab in Hillsboro. The guy there was top notch. I did have to buy the front set from them, but they could not get the rears. I purchased them from Downsoutmotorsports, and on the installers advice, left them sitting on my backseat. When I picked up the truck, lo and behold, I had front and rear shocks installed. The alignment was also done properly, and overall, am happy with my experience there.

11. May 9, 2012 at 5:32 PM
    Chickenmunga

Chickenmunga Nuggety

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Keizer, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    All the normal TW BS
    You used this link, right?

Anyway, the 265/75/16 has a diameter of 31.7", compared to a 245/75/16 at 30.5"

12. May 9, 2012 at 5:39 PM
    Forster46

Forster46 Very nice how much?

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    6000k HID's, AUX Reverse Lights, 3" Rough Country Suspension Lift, Pioneer AVH-P4200 Double Din, Underglow and footwell Lights, Camo Seat Covers, Duralast Tool Box, Blacked Out Badges, Grill, Front Emblem, Midland CB Radio, Amber Strobes, POWER REAR WINDOW, cup holder LED's, Firestik 3' in bed, console divider, Ultragauge.
    Got mine from sears, lady found me one set

13. May 9, 2012 at 6:48 PM
    sportsguy

Member:
    No...I clicked the link in your sig, it took me to the Tacoma World calculator...which isn't working. ;)

So...how are folks recalibrating their speedos after tire swaps? As easy as grabbing a scanner and telling the truck it has bigger shoes?

14. May 9, 2012 at 8:11 PM
    Tacomadude89

Tacomadude89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Austen
    That seems a little on the high side.

I had 4 Wheel Parts install my lift (a good experience), mount & balance 4 new tires and do and alignment and it was just over $475.

15. May 13, 2012 at 4:51 PM
    Tacodog

Tacodog Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Renton, Wa.
    Vehicle:
    ‘19 TRD offroad DCSB Cement
    Icon stage 1, Icon upper control arms, 17” Fuel wheels,Ridge Grapplers, TRD exhaust, leather interior.
    Did you buy the lift from them?

16. May 13, 2012 at 6:47 PM
    frycook

frycook Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Tacoma, WA
    Vehicle:
    07 Speedway blue TRD OR
    All Pro LT w/ fox 2.5x8" RR coilovers, Rear will have B.A.M.F Shock relocation kit w/ Kind 12" smoothies RR, ATO hybrid bumper, All Pro sliders
    I had a bad experience from 4wheelparts, when I picked the truck up there was a long scratch from front fender to back tail light on the right side, and they wired my ARB blinkers wrong so my battery died. But the lift was done fine I guess lol

17. May 13, 2012 at 6:52 PM
    Fightnfire

Fightnfire Recklessly tired

Member:
    Marysville, WA
    Vehicle:
    2021 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 (Prev 09 Access Cab V6 4X4)
    Starting over with a new GMC AT4 Satin Steel Metallic Softopper, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75 in the front, TSB Rear, 17x8.5 Lvl 8 Guardians, 265/70-17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W, Scooped, Anytime fog mod, Osram Nightbreakers, LED Interior lights, Debadged, Painted valance, Removed rear head rests, De-flapped, Hidden Hitch installed, Weather Techs, Flyzeye'd A/W/A, Cover Kings.
    I've had a Schwab account since I was 17. Since then my love for them has dwindled down to the point that I just purchased my wheels/tires for my truck from Discount. first time I've ventured away from Schwab in 14 years.

Last summer they did install my 5100's for me. They did it wrong the first time, had the seat for the coil turned upside down. They bitched the whole time, charged me to much but in the end it's done and guaranteed through them. The installer and the Ass. Manager tried multiple times to talk me into their spacer leveling kit.

Typically, they will only install what they sell and they mark up special order parts a ridiculous amount.

I don't think I'll go back again .. 14 years and they lost me. They only installed the two front 5100's and aligned... almost $600.00.

18. May 13, 2012 at 7:50 PM
    Tacomadude89

Tacomadude89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Austen
    I did not.

19. May 13, 2012 at 8:29 PM
    Tacodog

Tacodog Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Renton, Wa.
    Vehicle:
    ‘19 TRD offroad DCSB Cement
    Icon stage 1, Icon upper control arms, 17” Fuel wheels,Ridge Grapplers, TRD exhaust, leather interior.
    Did you use Tacoma or Lynnwood shop?

20. May 21, 2012 at 11:22 PM
    BenWA

BenWA Well-Known Member

Member:
    Boston burbs
    Vehicle:
    '06 Double Cab TRD Off Road 4X4
    It's actually Les Schwab on 124th in Kirkland that sells the 5100's and choice of rear blocks or AAL's (go with the AAL's!). It's a great setup, I've been running em for a while now and love em. I didn't buy at Les Schwab or have them installed there (I bought from Toytec and installed myself), but it's a pretty basic strut swap and AAL install, so they should do a fine job, and it's guaranteed, and their price is pretty good.

Products Discussed in

To Top