1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Let the conversion begin :P

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by atalladega, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Feb 29, 2012 at 8:08 PM
    Jerez

Jerez SoCal LED Dash Swap

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Diamond Bar/Ontario, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 2wd converted to 4wd
    Estock
    subd

looks good :cool: ive been meaning to dye my center console as well :thumbsup:

2. Feb 29, 2012 at 8:18 PM
    griffin407c

griffin407c Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCLB MGM 4x4 Sport w/Entune
    OME 885s on Bilstein 5100s set at 0 with 1/2" plate spacers. OME Dakars with Bilstein 5100 Extended Length Shocks. 16" Pro Comp 7032 wheels wrapped with 285/75-16 Duratracs

i purchased the base model black stereo/vent surround years ago on ebay, so i didn't need to dye that. i did dye the scosche double din kit tho. colors matched perfectly. i also did my automatic shifter console.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  3. Feb 29, 2012 at 8:35 PM
    DCtaco05

DCtaco05 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    dustin
    petaluma
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma trd
    bone stock.. not for long
    looks real good man. where did you get the leather seat kit? i like it

4. Mar 3, 2012 at 11:01 AM
    atalladega

atalladega [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Citrus Springs, FL
    Vehicle:
    06 double cab, 4x4 TRD off-road
    Need to say thanks again to the site and all that contribute. In between coats of due on parts I've done the fog light mod took 5 mins, the elocker mod and dome/map light mods. Simple easy quick. I don't have much time after work, about 1.5 until I have to get back to reality. So these quick mods are awesome!

I did get the dash put back together, I tried to get the dash color matched but no luck at our local auto paint shop, I'd have to go to back to Tampa or look elsewhere. So I just resprayed the radio surround with some stock color for now. Nav unit looks really good n stock. I put together the passenger side seat with all the dyed seat trim, looks nice I'll shoot some pics tonight. Didn't have time this am, left bright and early for legoland! Yippe!!! I will say, there are a lot of "milf" types here! :) that's one plus! Hehe

5. Mar 3, 2012 at 1:48 PM
    BRYLONATOR

BRYLONATOR Building 06 Suburban K2500 with LBZ D-max and ZF6!

Member:
    Denver, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Chillin in a 120!
  6. Mar 3, 2012 at 7:15 PM
    dad32509

dad32509 Thinking of something clever

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    Blacked out 05
    5100's front and back, OME 885x's, LR UCA's, OMD rear springs, Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD, HVAC Green led's MOD, Blacked out bumper, Plastidip emblems, custom front tube bumper, 32" combo led bar, rigid duallys, otrattw switches, my own Satoshi grille, shorty antenna, Spyder LED halo headlights. csjumper2003 map/dome, 3rd brake, DTRL white/amber and parking LED's. Pelfreybilt IFS skid, Cab mount chop, sliders and rear light bar w/blitzpro 5LR dust light. Uniden CB, Magnaflow 18" exhaust, Rear tire carrier, sway bar removed, spidertrax 1.25" spacers, Wheelers 16" Alloys w/265/75r16 Goodyear DuraTracs
    You got me anxious to see it. Hurry up and post pics haha! :D

7. Mar 3, 2012 at 7:42 PM
    Tdye82

Tdye82 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sub'd Id love to have all black interior again like I had on my previous F150...:pout:

8. Mar 3, 2012 at 7:49 PM
    MADtaco09

MADtaco09 Hawaii, Fuck Yeah!

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Pahoa, Big Island.
    Vehicle:
    Barcelona Red TRD Sports
    6" Basic Fabtech Lift Kit. 2012 Off Road Tacoma Struts (Less than 100 miles). Cab Mount Chop. K&N CAI. Borla Exhaust. BHLM w/Custom Yellow Blinker Lens & Yellow Reflector. Black LED Altezza Tail lights. Black LED Bermuda 3rd Brake Light. Yellow Tinted Fogs w/ HID 35w 3000K. Nokya Hyper Yellow DTRL Bulb. Anytime Running Fog Light Mod. DTRL Switch Mod (Stealth Mode). Hyper White LED Dome & MAP Lights. Nokya Hyper Yellow Parking Lights. 20% Tinted Windows. Viper Alarm with Remote start. Blacked Out Valance. Blacked Out Badges. Blacked Out Radiator. Relocated Horns. OEM Roof Racks. Wet Okole Seat covers. SATOSHI Grille w/ FJ 60 TOYOTA Emblem Color Matched. TRD License Plate Frame. Sleepy Eyelids Color Matched. 13" EuroStyle Antenna. Bi-xenon Morimoto Mini Stage III Kit (D2S) Retrofit w/ Morimoto 3Five 5000K Bulbs. SS Extended Brake Lines. Seat Belt Chime OFF. Wish List: N-Fab Steps. DTLT Headers. 4.88 Gears. Alcan Leaf Springs. One Piece Drive Shaft.
  9. Mar 3, 2012 at 7:55 PM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Moderator Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Elon
    Did the Toytec lift come in? I'll follow this thread :)

10. Mar 3, 2012 at 8:09 PM
    j1999t

j1999t Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Northern Colorado
    Vehicle:
    traded it in
    details on the wheels? i love the red/black look

11. Mar 4, 2012 at 7:43 AM
    atalladega

Member:
    Citrus Springs, FL
    Vehicle:
    Looks like weather might actually cooperate today and I might be able to get some more stuff done. I'll snap some pics as I'm going along, sorry for the suspense. I had to go to Legoland yesterday so I lost a day.... On the other hand my youngest found someone that he is taller than: :D Training them early.
    [​IMG]

I missed the delivery on friday morning but he came back around before he headed back to Ocala on his way back around 6pm, if he's driving he always has my back! So, It's sitting in my garage next to the wheels n tires. Try to get that on asap!

Balistic Jeters 18x9, -12mm OS, 4.5 BS Nitto Terra Grappler 325/60/18 (33"s)

12. Mar 4, 2012 at 8:18 AM
    sinaptic

sinaptic Well-Known Member

Member:
    Twin Cities, MN
    Vehicle:
    2011 Access Cab V6 4x4
    Fog lights, back-up camera, TRD cat-back exhaust, towing package, int. wiper stalk, Weathertech floor liners, color-matched the front bumper and grille, TSB leaf packs, Front Bilstein 5100's at 0", Eibach/Toytec coils (approx 1.25" front lift - sits almost level), rear Bilstein 5100's.
    Lookin' good so far! I'm liking the beater too, looks like a fun truck to tear around in...
    I'm also curious to see how your lift goes - I'm thinking about buying the exact same kit. Are you planning on doing the full 3"? If so, did you order some UCAs as well?

From the pics it also looks like you have a good workspace. I have to go down to the parking garage with whatever I can fit in a toolbox. Or, drive all the way out to WI to use my buddy's garage. Lol. Apartment living blows.

13. Mar 4, 2012 at 8:46 AM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Moderator Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Elon
    Not to thread jack, but I have the Toytec lift with 5100's all around. Love it

14. Mar 4, 2012 at 8:51 AM
    rcbs204

rcbs204 Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    Nice, Welcome

15. Mar 4, 2012 at 8:54 AM
    THExBUSxDRIVER

THExBUSxDRIVER Victory is reserved...

Member:
    First Name:
    GOO5E
    Vehicle:
    Old Man Tan!
    Not enough.
    Been meaning to do what you are doing o the interior. Good stuff man.

What e locker write up did you use? I can't seem to find one

16. Mar 4, 2012 at 10:21 PM
    atalladega

Member:
    Citrus Springs, FL
    Vehicle:
    I used the combination of the two in this one post:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/technical-chat/4838-cheap-free-mods-28.html#post684156

But i checked my relay off of the one in the picture. The bigger picture under the number/color key for the radio shack relay. Remember when you cut the wires you are using the ends going to the truck and not to the plug of the locker ECU. Those will be left "open".

Thanks

Hoping I'll have the same feeling. :D

Definitely is nice to beat up on. :p I'm not planning on doing the UCA's unless I can't get the alignment in spec.... I may do them later anyway though, IDK.

I feel ya on the apt. living! I used to have to do the same when I lived in a condo in Tampa. So, I promised myself when I had a chance and the means I'd build a place "just for me and my toys". It's a 30'x26' slice of heaven for me, I love it!

17. Mar 4, 2012 at 10:49 PM
    atalladega

Member:
    Citrus Springs, FL
    Vehicle:
    Ok, got to do some stuff here and there today, had my little helper/distractor with me this afternoon. So, I finished the plastic pieces on the driver seat and installed the leather. Then put things up front back together, I spent a good amount of time on stitching up the leather steering wheel cover which took most of the time today. I have some german cars and I LOVE the fat feeling of the sport leather steering wheels so I figured I'd do the same in here. Feels NICE!!! and fat and phat! :D

I haven't done the leather in the back seats yet I'm deciding what to do with the audio system. Trying to debate if I want to do the work to be able to fit this behind the seat: :D or if I just want to go conservative.

[​IMG]

Also I like the way the dyed pieces are coming out and showing in the truck, But I'm tempted to do the rest of the lower dash however, that may take away from the two tone that I was going for. I'm going to replace the tired floor mats with black TRD stitched mats and hopefully I can find a black carpet replacement for the double cab. I can't seem to find one. Anyway, here are some more crappy phone pics, sorry I just haven't had the time, but I'll break out the good camera and take some real pics sometime soon. I want to get the lift and tires on this week if the schedule permits. Anyway, lemme know what you think so far... Oh, and I think I'm going to make some leather wraps for the seatbelt receivers unless you guys think they don't stick out too much.

My Gremlin
    [​IMG]

Ipod/phone adapter, Oh and the shifter is going to be replaced with a black TRD stitched one if I can find one, seen it for 5spd but not auto.
    [​IMG]

You can see the unstitched leather on the steering wheel in this pic too.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Notice the fat steering wheel, feels really nice!
    [​IMG]

I'll keep it coming.

18. Mar 4, 2012 at 11:04 PM
    Bens MBL TACO

Bens MBL TACO Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner Rumbler
    AFE Air Intake, Billy 5100's up front set at .85 with top plate and lean spacer, Eibach coils, Bilstein 5160's rear shocks, Toytec AAL, TRD Exhaust, Flowmaster Super 44 Muffler, JBA Headers, 5k 35 Watt HID, 3K 35 Watt HID fogs, Anytime fog mod Fierce 265, 70, r17.
    Interior is coming out great! Subbed.

19. Mar 5, 2012 at 8:02 PM
    sinaptic

sinaptic Well-Known Member

Member:
    Twin Cities, MN
    Vehicle:
    2011 Access Cab V6 4x4
    Fog lights, back-up camera, TRD cat-back exhaust, towing package, int. wiper stalk, Weathertech floor liners, color-matched the front bumper and grille, TSB leaf packs, Front Bilstein 5100's at 0", Eibach/Toytec coils (approx 1.25" front lift - sits almost level), rear Bilstein 5100's.
    Nice! I'm working on getting set up with something similar; hoping to move in the next year or so. I knew it was time when my office started filling up with truck parts... I know my wife could use some extra space as well for all her hobbies, so it's well overdue! :D

Anyhow, interior is looking AWESOME! Cool to see it all coming together, and I'm getting lots of ideas here, hehe.

20. Mar 5, 2012 at 10:06 PM
    RedDragonTaco

RedDragonTaco Knight Industies Toyota Tacoma

Member:
    Slc, UT
    Vehicle:
    2007 Double Cab TRD Sport
    Toytec 3" Ultimate w/ LR UCA's, 18" Rockstar rims, Nitto Grappler 285/65/18, OEM roof rack, foglight anytime mod, front bull bar and Smitty side steps, tonneau cover, debadged, BHLM, blacked out tail lights, stubby antenna, flowmaster
    I like the interior, ive never thought to dye the center console.

Products Discussed in

To Top